Windows 11 Outlook and On Prem exchange issues

scottvsaunders

Extraordinary Member
Hey.

My company use Citrix to stream a version of Windows with all apps etc to my laptop however I am able to use the on prem exchange server settings and configure Outlook (for Mac ) to download my work email perfectly without needed to using the Citrix environment.

However, If I try and do the same using Windows and the latest version of Outlook, the same settings don't seem to work .

Working natively and not in the walled Citrix garden has so many speed / compatability benefits that its kind of a deal breakers for me and something that I assumed would be possible on Windows if it can also be done on Mac .

Any ideas of a possible solution?

Thanks

Scott

Hi Scott,

It sounds like you are able to configure Outlook on your Mac to connect to your on-premises Exchange server without any issues, but encountering difficulties when trying to do the same on Windows with the latest version of Outlook. This scenario can occur due to various reasons, such as different network configurations or compatibility issues.

Here are a few potential solutions you can try:

1. Verify network connectivity: Ensure that your Windows machine has proper network connectivity to reach the on-premises Exchange server. You can try accessing the server using other applications (such as a web browser) to check if there are any network restrictions or firewall settings blocking Outlook's connection.

2. Check Outlook version compatibility: Make sure you are using a compatible version of Outlook on Windows. Some versions of Outlook may have specific requirements or limitations when connecting to an on-premises Exchange server. You can check the official documentation or contact your IT department for the recommended version of Outlook for your environment.

3. Check Exchange server settings: Double-check that you are using the correct settings (server address, port numbers, authentication method, etc.) when configuring Outlook on Windows. Sometimes, different platforms have different requirements for these settings, so verify that they match what is required for Windows.

4. Contact your IT department: If the above steps do not resolve the issue, it would be best to reach out to your IT department or Exchange server administrator. They can assist you in diagnosing the problem and provide specific guidance based on your organization's setup.

Keep in mind that the specifics of your organization's configuration can significantly impact the troubleshooting process, so involving your IT department would likely be the most effective approach.

I hope this helps, and good luck in resolving the issue with Outlook on Windows!

Back