Windows 7 Outlook problems with windows 7

Beard78

Hi i have just bought a dell desktop with windows 7 installed , i then added Outlook 2003 but seem to get a problem everytime i try and open work documents in my email.

All i can do is preview it as if i click on it to open it in full it wont allow me only save to Word.I then have to go into Word seperately and open documents seperately.

I first googled this and then right click on it as a program and set to run as administrator but still this hasnt worked.

Any help would be most appreciated and im not that techy so bear with me

Thanks

Randy,
No i dont get any error messages and have run all updates etc just still have to save all docs to harddrive then go into Word and open manually

Are all these attachments common Microsoft Word Documents with a .doc file extension? Have you made sure that your default program for opening such files it set and associated properly. You can do this from within the Control Panel -> Default programs, or
just type default programs into the search box and hit enter, select Associate a file type or protocol with a program, scroll down till you find .doc, double click and make sure that Microsoft Office Word is being used.

Randy ,

I looked at this and at presnt its set to Word 1997-2003 and im using Outlook 2007 , do you think this is the problem that the dates of the programs dont coincide ?

Thanks

Dan

Randy ,

I looked at this and at presnt its set to Word 1997-2003 and im using Outlook 2007 , do you think this is the problem that the dates of the programs dont coincide ?

Thanks

Dan

Nope, that shouldn't cause you any problem at all I have three versions of office installed locally 03, 07 2k10 and while it can be a pain bouncing back and forth from one version to another in shouldn't produce the issue you have described. Did you upgrade your version of Outlook since your last post? You OP says
i then added Outlook 2003
but your most recent post says
im using Outlook 2007
you may want to consider using the repair utility from within the applications themselves to see if that might help you get past this issue
Link Removed - Invalid URL
How to install the individual 2007 Office features or to repair the installed 2007 Office programs

Back
Top Bottom