Windows 7 Overheating & Internet Lag

TravtheEmu

Hey! I got Windows 7 about a month ago and just recently my Pavilion dv6 has started to overheat and just a couple days ago the internet has started to lag.

Overheating: I can't figure out why the laptop is overheating as it is not a dust issue and only started once I got Windows 7. When overheating starts it doesn't turn off my computer or anything but it seems to make it lag INCREDIBLY. Like if I am watching a video or something it will slow it to the point where the sound continues but the video doesn't. I have put a fan under it and a cooling pad and it returns it back to normal within no time.

Internet Lag: This is not my internet because my main computer works just fine. I have Verizon Fios and my Laptop says it is connected just fine to the internet but when I actually open it, it does not load... or it takes about a minute to load one page. My brother's wireless works just fine.. so I'm not sure whats wrong.

I am just now beginning to defrag and clean... =/.

Help,
Thanks!!!

Have you plugged in a new device recently? Also check your updates haven't updated any drivers..
Lastly I know you said it wasn't down to dust but just check with a small paintbrush or even better a compressed air can (office supplies) that all vents ect are free from dust bunnies..

How old is the laptop? Mine was only about a year old when this happened. I took the plate of the bottom, removed the coppper cooling tubes (all quite simple) and , apart from cleaning, replaced the cooling paste on the CPU and the graphics card. No more problems since.

I noticed that this dv6 series originally had Windows Vista Home 32 on it, and you've upgraded..
Anyway, this should be something in power options or some of the cooling paste inside the machine has gone out.
I would recommend calling HP (This is most likely a hardware issue)
Support for:
s.gif
Phone
s.gif
Hours of operation
s.gif
Additional information
s.gif
HP and Compaq products for Home & Home Office use 800-HP invent
or
800-474-6836

24 hours a day, 7 days a week for most products U.S.: English and Spanish for most products.
You can also chat:

HP Products

Email:

HP Products

Hope this post helps!

Back