Windows 10 PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGE_AREA AND MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

ChazE911

My desktop started throwing up an occasional Page Fault In Non Page Area BSOD. It accelerated to the point that it was happening daily then multiple times a day, with an occasional Memory Management BSOD. The system is now essentially useless; I can rarely get it to run for more than a minute or two.

I have run the windows diagnostic mdsched, plus I've booted to a Memtest USB drive and run the tests. Neither turned up anything, but I tried swapping memory anyway.
I also ran SFC/SCANNOW and DISM /online/image-cleanup /restorehealth. No improvement.

Seems like hardware, but I'm not sure how to diagnose further. Time to just try a new Mobo?

Could you follow this guide and post your dump files if you have any. We'll then look into your issue for you.

Could you follow this guide and post your dump files if you have any. We'll then look into your issue for you.
Thanks for the quick reply. If there was a link attached for a guide I don't think it made it through. I'll be glad to provide what I can.

Hi Chaz,

here's the link again: Debugger app

Basically download the zip file and unzip where-ever is convenient. Right click on the application and click 'Run as administrator':

debug.jpg

You'll see several dialogue boxes come and go and the app goes through it's paces.

The information is eventually saved to the desktop where you again right click on the folder, click 'Send to', look for zip files and zip the folder up.

Finally, post the zipped folder into us where we can debug said dump files.

Lastly, the bsod errors you mention can be driver related.

If you have updated a driver recently then try going back to the previous version.

If your drivers haven't been updated in a while then try updated them.

Usually your motherboard support page is a good place to start in finding drivers. Post up what make and model you have and we'll point you in the right direction.

For the page fault in non paged area blue screen of death, maybe you can follow this article to fix it: Removed: it provides 6 ways including the software ways and hardware checking.

Last edited by a moderator:
The above link includes a app to find drivers for you.

This is a huge no no as these kind of apps can find not only the right driver but also incorrect drivers too. ( the guide was probably written in order to promote this POS software and is usually considered spam).

Your first and best place for drivers is usually the support page of said item which you can find by googling.

Back