Windows 7 Partition Manager 10 Personal

If anyone thinks that when their hard drive fails that magically their 2nd partition will be immune then more fool them. I honestly don't think that's the case at all.

Microsoft must think it's a good idea since their System Image uses a PARTITION on the same drive. Doesn't that lead users to think they are safely backed up?

I know some of my reasons to avoid using partitions were less than strong.. but when you add them all up you can't ignore the conclusion that a second hard drive is a far superior alternative to making partitions. Most of your arguments were basically "users would be foolish....." I just don't find that to be a solid selling point.

I

I have used probably 10 different partition managers over the years and not one of them allows you to create a partition larger than is physically possible. Maybe some command line partitioners but no GUI ones at least that I've used.

Haven't you noticed that more than one out of every 10 questions posted here are about gettting access to a partition they have lost?

I want to just give them all the same advice I would give to someone who says to me... every time I smoke I cough.

Well stop smoking!

Sorry,, but I have to disagree......I always partition my hard drive into at least two separate partitions,

I install my 3rd party apps on the D: drive so Windows doesn't have to look through the complete partition on startup (unless there is a program that runs at startup on the D: drive.

I keep a second drive for all my important Documents=, Music, Video, and backups

Other partitions double you wasted space, I don't quite understand that one.

I only use the operating system. I do not use any Microsoft apps besides WMP on occasion.

I prefer freeware and open source software as it's constantly updated and improved.

Does Microsoft dothid...no, they just issue Service Packs for the entire OS.

Sorry,, but I have to disagree......I always partition my hard drive into at least two separate partitions,

I could sell you some ide drives real cheap so you wouldn't have to do that. I have a dozen that I can't use them on this machine.

I install my 3rd party apps on the D: drive so Windows doesn't have to look through the complete partition on startup (unless there is a program that runs at startup on the D: drive.

Unless I'm making some modifications that require reboot I probably don't reboot my machine more than twice a week. Anyway, I thought that the prefetch in Windows 7 was designed to keep track of programs so windows doesn't have to look everywhere?

I only use the operating system. I do not use any Microsoft apps besides WMP on occasion.

After 9+ years of writing a newsletter and being asked a multitude of questions eveyday.... I"ve learned that it saves a WHOLE LOT OF TIME if you just tell someone how to do something with a program or utility that they already have that came with Windows. So I try to learn how to do things with the least amout of 3rd party software as possible.

I prefer freeware and open source software as it's constantly updated and improved.

Does Microsoft dothid...no, they just issue Service Packs for the entire OS.

It would be good if you could list the top 10 programs you find useful. I listed mine in one of my blogs.

My top ten programs are

Universal Extractor
Firefox
Powerdesk (lovethe find files feature
Revouninstaller
KMPlayer
Surf (an open source file manager
VideoCacheview
Clipfinder HD
RadioGet
CCleaner
Anvir task Manager.
Regseeker
Registry Search & Replace
Sinfo (shows hidden windows and can capyure ANYTHING on any page including web browsers

Just to throw my 2 cents in -

Foxit PDF reader
HD scrubber
CCleaner
Songbird
uTorrent
7-zip
Google Desktop
K-Lite codec pack w/ MPC
Dropbox
Notepad++

Last edited:
Foxit is another one I use.

I loathe Adobe products ....riddled with security holes and bugs.. It's always in my security news reports.

One editor said "Stop using it completely"

Third party solutions

The third party solutions are available for windows and they are reliable also. A software like Stellar phoenix Windows Data Recovery Software is there which serves the purpose .

paragon is the king, I have everything they ever done.Hmm exept drive backup, which I don`t need.
Not much difference between version 9 and 10 other than gui and some new buttons to play with. Both works with 7
But paragon easy cd-dvd recorder is not comp with 7 yet.
my top 5
1.Everything from paragon
2.Vmware
3.Jetaudio
4.All browsers exept the smelly ie
5.Least but not last, best thing ever happened to me windows 7 (if it didn`t happened road was leading to mac)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom