Windows 10 Password protect file access

virangs

We are a small group that share a PC and have separate User ID and password. Others who want to use the PC, can use as a guest account that does not need password. I want to load files on the PC and it should be password protected. It may be one with the User ID or guest.

Can I create a disk partition and password protect it? Or is there some other better way?

Anything in a user profile should not be accessible by other users unless you've made all the accounts local admins. The guest account should not be able to access user profiles either.

All the accounts are not local admins. There is only one Administrator. As an Administrator I can upload the files into a folder and share it across all users including the guest user. But I don't want anybody who uses the PC as a "guest" to have access to these files. Only one with a unique password can access these files. Is there a way to do that?

You could zip them and password protect the zip file, or if this is a Pro version of Windows you could create a virtual bit locker driver and password protect it.

Back