Windows 10 PC Crashes on Steam or High Workload

Toth

Hey guys,

So I hand built a $1300 PC for general use and gaming but whenever I open lots of tabs, multiple videos or begin playing a steam game the PC crashes. I have tried updating drivers, running antivirus software (Malwarebytes), checking temps but nothing seems to fix the problem. I'm really not sure what to do, have read a bunch of threads on reddit and various forums but they were all old or their solution didn't fix my problem. Please help!

whenever I open lots of tabs, multiple videos

a driver or ram/ page file issue... drivers 95% of the time

begin playing a steam game

30% a network error... steam is trying to scan something on your system while you play and (for what ever reasion) cann't get the file it wants.

So I hand built a $1300 PC

The cost does not matter but some boards are better gaming machines than others... any idea what the actual parts are?

... p.s WX is a slow beta windows build, not something I'd recommend for gaming but if you don't have a w8 or 8.1 licence then you should at the very least disable updates/ background processes and try to get a stable platfrom before running any games on it.

If you're getting a BSOD, please upload the crash dump file in C:\Windows\Minidump. If there are no dump files, make sure you have crash dumps enabled.
  • Press Windows Key + x
  • Click on System
  • Click on Advanced System Settings
  • Click on Start Up and Recovery > Settings...
2016-01-28_9-25-01.png

If you have crash dumps enabled and you are not getting a BSOD and instead the computer is just shutting off then I'd say you probably have a heating issue.

Back
Top Bottom