Windows 10 PC FUBAR after last update

DrunkJoe

Hei fellas.
Hope i won't get murdered for this question but i'm at a loss.

I have a Windows 10 x64 System and after the last update (around june this year) it just won't boot.
Therefor i don't have very much Info accessible.

It starts to try and install the last Update "do not shut off your computer. Installing Update 32%"...
And then BOOM: a weird screen apologizing, and after a few seconds another screen with some generic Info and the Code: 0x00000678
Didnt find much about the code yet.
And then it just dies and tries again.
Absolutly no way of getting the Thing to boot.
Booting in safe Mode also not possible.

Unfortunately i do not have a recovery point to revert to.

I'd just Format the whole thing but i lost my Windows Produkt key and you can't buy Win10 anymore :(

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

My suggestion would be the following
  1. On a family or friend's computer with Windows 10 create a Windows recovery USB
    1. Just type Recovery in the Start menu and launch the 'Recovery App' to create it
  2. Boot to that USB on the impacted system
  3. Go into the Advanced Options and you should be able to do a System Restore might the most recent date (this should be just prior to the update)
  4. Let it complete and reboot
Hopefully that should rollback the update.

My suggestion would be the following
  1. On a family or friend's computer with Windows 10 create a Windows recovery USB
    1. Just type Recovery in the Start menu and launch the 'Recovery App' to create it
  2. Boot to that USB on the impacted system
  3. Go into the Advanced Options and you should be able to do a System Restore might the most recent date (this should be just prior to the update)
  4. Let it complete and reboot
Hopefully that should rollback the update.
That i did not know at all was possible. Thanks a ton, i will try this tomorrow!
Cheers

Back