Windows Vista People love Code name Mojave, which is really Vista

I am sure they are highly edited to start with - besides those are perfectly supported OEM's on a really tight rig. How about you give those same people the dvd and have them take it home try to install it on THEIR PC and see how that works out. At least 1 peripheral won't work (normal people). The people that swear that vista is so great probably got it as an oem on their new machine. The people who bought it retail have most of the problems. Not everybody gets a new computer every 3 years! Windows 7 is off to an awesome start and I truely hope it stays where it is because people should know that as soon as Windows 7 is out ms is going to stop supporting xp. XP's life-cycle will be time to pay again$ One more thing is that technology is not uniform across the country. Here in indiana they still have single core computers on the shelves in stores. I truely feel for anyone that buys one and thinks they bought a new computer.
I did that for my PCs and everything worked except for the WLAN adaptors (Linksys WUSB54G v4 and D-LINK DWA 110).
After popping in the driver CDs for both adaptors, Vista was up and running like never before.

Graphic support for the Intel GMA 950 was provided out of the box, my VIA P4M80 fell back into VESA mode, but still managed to drive the 1600 x 1200 res on my monitor. IN fact, the VESA drivers provided by Microsoft actually seemed to run the whole GUI faster than the official VIA drivers. ;)

And don't think that single-core PCs are backdated. A Core 2 Solo can very easilly put up a decent performance in Vista. IN fact, Windows' multi-core processing is still far from decent: most applications still are primarilly loaded into 1 core only; the other core is loaded with 'garbage' and parts of the running application to provide the illusion of decent multi-core support. This is something which i hope changes for the better in 7.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom