Windows Vista People love Code name Mojave, which is really Vista

Matt

After months of searching for ways to defend its oft-maligned Windows operating system, Microsoft may just have found its best weapon: Vista's skeptics.

Spurred by an e-mail from someone deep in the marketing ranks, Microsoft last week traveled to San Francisco, rounding up Windows XP users who had negative impressions of Vista. The subjects were put on video, asked about their Vista impressions, and then shown a "new" operating system, code-named Mojave. More than 90 percent gave positive feedback on what they saw. Then they were told that "Mojave" was actually Windows Vista.
http://community.winsupersite.com/blogs/paul/archive/2008/07/25/microsoft-looks-to-mojave-to-revive-vista-s-image.aspx

Exactly what I've been saying, Vista is a failure in perception, not in code.

Question; Where is the before and after?
How do we know these aren't hired actors?

I know a lot of people who rant about Vista's greatness, and yet their friends always get referred to me when they want to be upgraded (hehe) back to XP.

Sounds to me like these people are either being compensated for their service, or they're such light users that they see no difference between XP and Vista.

Or, Microsoft got decent computes that run vista with less problems, like not using nVIDiA GPUs, or hardware that has crappy drivers.

I assure you, if you tried Vista on a setup like the one I have, you would have a hard time finding something to complain about with Vista.

Also, if you ran Mac OSX Leopard on a PC that doesn't run Vista well, I'm pretty sure leopard wouldn't work well either. I tried it on a 2.4GHz 1GB PC and it was way slower than Vista.

Edit: you can see the video here tommorow: http://www.mojaveexperiment.com/

Some of the people who've had me switch them to XP had quad core CPUs.
I don't think they were lacking in specs.

You tell me, the most recent high end desktop had 4 GB of RAM, a Quad Core Q6700, a Geforce GTX 280, and a partridge in a pear tree.

Well the people probably only had a few minutes with "Mojave", but what if they had it longer? If they actually tried to install some software, install a printer, maybe run a game, they might change their opinions.

Here are the specs of the machine "Mojave" was running on:

Make: HP
Model: Pavilion DV2500
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T7500 @ 2.20 Ghz
Memory: 2 GB
Version: Windows Vista Ultimate (32-bit)

I am having it on a pc which does not even meet the minimum specification and it runs good,only had trouble with the drivers for wlan but now it is ok...

So you like Vista?
I don't know why people complain for Vista, That just means there PC isnt up for a good OS..

Exactly. It runs well on my laptop, so long as I don't run too many apps on it. I'm pretty sure the same is true for a laptop that came out a year before XP launched. Now, there are some PCs that they sell now that have crappy hardware, like Intel GMA GPUs, and I think that has a lot to do with people not liking Vista. Vista boxes are a lot cheaper than macs, which means hardware that isn't as good, which = bad performance and experience.

Matt said:
Exactly. It runs well on my laptop, so long as I don't run too many apps on it. I'm pretty sure the same is true for a laptop that came out a year before XP launched. Now, there are some PCs that they sell now that have crappy hardware, like Intel GMA GPUs, and I think that has a lot to do with people not liking Vista. Vista boxes are a lot cheaper than macs, which means hardware that isn't as good, which = bad performance and experience.

Yeah, my laptop has a GMA GPU, but I can still run Aero fine. If I use the Windows Classic theme, I do notice a performance improvement, but it's not unbearable when Aero is turned.

The main difference with Macs is they use proprietary hardware, so Apple specifically designed the OS for the hardware. Microsoft doesn't know exactly what graphics card you'll use, so they have to code the OS to work with as many graphics cards as possible.

Yep, and that's why their sueing Phystar, because they know that you will have a lot of issues if you could run OSX on any PC.

On my laptop, AERO doesn't seem to slow down the PC, but then again, i got a dedicated X300 GPU from ATI.

On my laptop it doesnt go slow..
And there also sueing Phystar because its a breach of the Apple Contract.
Quote "Mac OS X is not supposed to be install on anything, with the exception of a Apple Computer"

Well, it says Apple branded hardware, but does that mean hardware with an apple sticker on it? They didn't really define it in the ELUA, and that's why Phystar could win.

Those folger switch commercials

I am sure they are highly edited to start with - besides those are perfectly supported OEM's on a really tight rig. How about you give those same people the dvd and have them take it home try to install it on THEIR PC and see how that works out. At least 1 peripheral won't work (normal people). The people that swear that vista is so great probably got it as an oem on their new machine. The people who bought it retail have most of the problems. Not everybody gets a new computer every 3 years! Windows 7 is off to an awesome start and I truely hope it stays where it is because people should know that as soon as Windows 7 is out ms is going to stop supporting xp. XP's life-cycle will be time to pay again$ One more thing is that technology is not uniform across the country. Here in indiana they still have single core computers on the shelves in stores. I truely feel for anyone that buys one and thinks they bought a new computer.

You do not know how many thousand clips were recorded to find a few who had these positive comments. You don't know how they selected "samples". You don't know details about this survey. I don't know statistics, but I know that any survey can be skewed to prove any point that is desired.

Back