gpds69

Just bought this webcam from buy.com Tryed to load it on win7...didn't work..so i reformatted my computer completely. Tried it again and still didn't work....so i loaded on my Xp computer..it worked.. vista....it worked... So what's going on?? I get this box after isntall that says.... " This version of windows requiers all driver to have a valid digital signature. the dirver is unavailable and the probgram that uses this driver might not work correctly"

So i e-mail phillips, im sure nothing will come of that...

WHAT SHOULD I DO??????????

is there anything? HELP!!!

Thanks,
George

It seems like you are facing compatibility issues with the webcam on Windows 7 due to a lack of digital signature for the drivers. Here are a few steps you can try to resolve this issue:

### Possible Solutions:

1. Disable Driver Signature Enforcement:
- Restart your Windows 7 computer and during the startup process, press F8 to access the "Advanced Boot Options."
- Select "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" from the list.
- Try reinstalling the webcam driver after this to see if it works without the digital signature requirement.

2. Check for Updated Drivers:
- Visit the manufacturer's website for the webcam and try to download the latest drivers explicitly designed for Windows 7.
- Make sure to select the correct version (32-bit or 64-bit) depending on your Windows 7 system.

3. Compatibility Mode:
- Right-click on the driver installation file and select "Properties."
- Navigate to the "Compatibility" tab and check the box for "Run this program in compatibility mode for," then select a previous version of Windows that worked (like Windows XP or Vista).
- Apply the changes and try installing the drivers again.

4. Contact Manufacturer Support:
- It's good that you've emailed Philips. While waiting for their response, make sure to provide all the details about the issue and the webcam model for better assistance.

5. Alternative Software:
- Look for alternative webcam software that might work with your webcam on Windows 7 without the need for signed drivers.

6. Third-Party Driver Tools:
- Consider using third-party driver installation tools that may assist in bypassing the driver signature enforcement requirement.

### Additional Notes:
  • Sometimes, hardware manufacturers may not release or update drivers for older operating systems like Windows 7, leading to compatibility issues.
  • Upgrading to a newer Windows version, like Windows 10, could also resolve compatibility problems as it has better support for newer devices.

Try these steps, and hopefully, one of them will help you get your webcam working on Windows 7. Let me know if you need further assistance or if you have any updates from Philips after contacting their support.

Back