Windows Vista Please help - error 8024200D

CleanFreq

Hi There

I have recently tried to install SP1 for vista and got this message, and SP1 will not install.

Does anyone know what this message means as i cannot find any reference to it under any searches, and wondering if it is related to other errors and blue screens i get on a far too regular basis?

ASUS MB - AMD Athlon dual core 4800+ 2.5GHz
2047MB - RAM (unsure what brand)
Nvidia Geforce 7300 graphics card

I'm trying not to take it to a shop for repairs, but if advised thats what I'll do

I ran update via windows update, should i have had problems?

Hi, I checked the error code and apparently your missing certain requirements (updates). If you check this answer found here:
Link Removed - Invalid URL
It advises to try the 'standalone' version which is what I would have advised anyway.. You can download the above version using the stickied link found in this forum or use the link found in the page I posted..

Just for ease i've included the download link here:
Download details: Windows Vista Service Pack 1 Five Language Standalone (KB936330)

Hi, I checked the error code and apparently your missing certain requirements (updates). If you check this answer found here:
Error ... 8024200D - TechNet Forums
It advises to try the 'standalone' version which is what I would have advised anyway.. You can download the above version using the stickied link found in this forum or use the link found in the page I posted..

Just for ease i've included the download link here:
Download details: Windows Vista Service Pack 1 Five Language Standalone (KB936330)

That's what I was going to suggest. :D

Yes. The error message 8024200D indicates that an important windows update that is required before installing SP1, has not been installed. If you want to, you can read about it here:R

[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']Link Removed - Invalid URL[/FONT]​
It is probably the Bitlocker encryption update. There is a standalone update for it here:​

A software update is available for versions of Windows Vista that include the Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption feature

Otherwise take the suggested course and use the standalone multi language SP1.

Is there any way to find out which updates are missing? This pc has only ever been loaded with Vista and has constantly given me problems from the first day. Could it be that my copy of vista is corrupt?

Is there any way to find out which updates are missing? This pc has only ever been loaded with Vista and has constantly given me problems from the first day. Could it be that my copy of vista is corrupt?
If you have reoccurring update failures... it could be that you are missing an update somewhere, hide the update to SP1 and try to update again... if you are missing an update, it should update and install after SP1 is hidden... I had a similar problem with MS Office 2003. It kept trying to do the update 3 instead of the second one before the third... after I hid the 3rd update it updated and installed the second one, then I unhid the 3rd and walah! Good luck dude...

I think your best course of action would be to download the standalone version and try that... If all else fails, reformat and then apply the SP1 update as soon as you've installed the os( again via the standalone version as this causes less problems over the long run ). This is the optimum way to apply the service pack.

i have upgraded my windows vista home basic, to windows ultimate, and now i'm having problems to installed update for windows vista.whenever time i try installing it keeps saying error found code 8024200D get help.
please can u help me , its a very uncomfortable feelings, not to have your computer up and running properly.

Ususally that means that you already have the update installed. Which update is it for exactly?

If you have reoccurring update failures... it could be that you are missing an update somewhere, hide the update to SP1 and try to update again... if you are missing an update, it should update and install after SP1 is hidden... I had a similar problem with MS Office 2003. It kept trying to do the update 3 instead of the second one before the third... after I hid the 3rd update it updated and installed the second one, then I unhid the 3rd and walah! Good luck dude...

how & where do you hide the sp1 update to be able to run the windows update & pick up any missing updates
this will be greatly appreciated as how my fiancee cant update her pc cause of this same error plus she gets an message
stating that the standalone isnt compatible w/ her system

Hi! To answer your first question " how to hide updates" take a look at this: Link Removed due to 404 Error There are certain driveras that prevent SP1 from downloading (for example). Before you download SP1, you might want to visit "Windows Vista Tech Center" and read the page " Things To Know Before You Download Windows Vista SP1" They've compiled a list of things...

Back