Windows 7 Please Help - Flight Sim X and SQL Server

DigitalMan

There seems to be an issue with Flight Sim X and SQL Server. I get a fatal error whenever I try to go to any missions. In the problem reports it shows that MFC80.dll is the culprit. I'm a developer and have Visual Studio 2008 and SQL Server 2008 Express installed. In the problem report is says there's a solution available and takes me to a hotfix which I've tried but it hasn't helped. I called MS support and they had me uninstall all the VC++ redistributables and reinstall along with their service packs. Did all that and still get the same error. Anyone know of anything else to try before I go the route of a dual boot to XP for gaming? Thanks.

Ok, after several calls to MS support was able to get this working by installing the ENU versions of these
Link Removed - Invalid URL

There seems to be an issue with Flight Sim X and SQL Server. I get a fatal error whenever I try to go to any missions. In the problem reports it shows that MFC80.dll is the culprit. I'm a developer and have Visual Studio 2008 and SQL Server 2008 Express installed. In the problem report is says there's a solution available and takes me to a hotfix which I've tried but it hasn't helped. I called MS support and they had me uninstall all the VC++ redistributables and reinstall along with their service packs. Did all that and still get the same error. Anyone know of anything else to try before I go the route of a dual boot to XP for gaming? Thanks.

Back