Windows 10 Please Help me i'm in trouble

Svenn12

Please Help me : i decided to install new windows 10 system in my Lenovo g50-70 laptop .(i was on windows 8.1) but i've faced a problem during installation of win 10 ,so before i format my C directory File, i've moved my important files to D and E and during installation i've deleted my Old C drive and the Old reserved for system partition, when i try to make a new partition to install the win 10 inside it, i got this error : ("Windows cannot be installed to this disk. The Selected disk has an MBR partition table. On EFI systems, windows can be only installed to GPT Discs.").
The first time i googled it i found a solution that requires me to convert my disc during installation of win 10 (by pressing shift+F10) but it will delete and format the Whole Hard disk including E and D and i have my masters thesis and all my photos and files and you can say that my life is there so is there any Solution please.
My Questions Are :
1- Can i remove my Hard disk from my laptop, then copy my files in another pc ? If yes is it safe or not and does it works and i've deleted my C and old Windows so can the other PC Read it ?
2- Can i download another Windows 7 or 8 or 10 (GPT version) in a Flash and install it without loosing my Files in D and E Directories?
Please i need your Help

Go into the advanced menu and remove the partitions. Then select new. It should make all the partitions for you.

Go into the advanced menu and remove the partitions. Then select new. It should make all the partitions for you.
If i enter to advanced menu and i remove the partitions, does all the files stored in D and E will be deleted or not

Only remove them for the disk you are installing. Also it helps to power the system off and unplug the other two drives during the installation.

If i enter to advanced menu and i remove the partitions, does all the files stored in D and E will be deleted or not
Yes.....as this is a single drive.

Windows 10 is set to install as GPT by default. If you have an MBR drive you'll have to do a clean install to get it to install as GPT.

That said....some have had success converting a drive from MBR to GPT. If you try this....make sure you have all your data you want to keep, saved to and external source....ie external HDD, USB flash drives.

Sorry I misread and just assumed multi disks instead of partitions. Best advise would be to move data you want to keep onto an external drive. Remove all the partitions and convert the disk to GPT. There should be some tools available to non destructively convert the disk to GPT.

1= yes you can remove and replace the drive with a new one before the installation and that is the safest option because you can't accidentally remove important data doing it this way

Sent from my SP9 using Windows Forums mobile app

Back