Windows 7 please help with keyboard

chris parker

hi, I have a logtech keyboard and mouse, everything was fine until my cat ran across the keyboard and it became locked. I know it is still working because the function keys still work (home, calculator etc) and as a test I plugged another Logitech keyboard and mouse in (removed first one) with their dongle and exactly the same, mouse works, function keys work but cant type any words or numbers. so plugged first keyboard and mouse into another windows 7 computer and they work fine.....my assumption is that the cat has set some sort of function to lock the keyboard, smart cat but not smart enough to un lock it any help would be great, thanks for looking

sorry just realised first post said "lease" instead of please
hi, I have a logtech keyboard and mouse, everything was fine until my cat ran across the keyboard and it became locked. I know it is still working because the function keys still work (home, calculator etc) and as a test I plugged another Logitech keyboard and mouse in (removed first one) with their dongle and exactly the same, mouse works, function keys work but cant type any words or numbers. so plugged first keyboard and mouse into another windows 7 computer and they work fine.....my assumption is that the cat has set some sort of function to lock the keyboard, smart cat but not smart enough to un lock it any help would

I have a Logitech 360 and Logitech mouse that both use the same unifying usb receiver. both keyboards and mice work perfectly on my other windows 7 machine. mouse works fine on the problem one as do the function keys on the keyboard (so I know its not a connection issue). I have looked at sticky keys and at filter keys and neither is checked. I have restarted the compute and can put password in as the computer has a touch screen with optional onscreen key board that I can use either by touch or with the moue

and just to confirm I have tried an identical mouse keyboard combo from my other computer and they behave exactly the same so its not a hardware issue I don't think

perhaps also worth mentioning is that all the other function's work, for example I can open a word doc with the mouse, launch browser and open outlook but I cant type letters or numbers in any application.....only the function keys have any effect

thanks for the link...it is a wireless but the same thing happens with my acer keyboard and mouse and with my Microsoft wired keyboard...all of witch (including the two Logitech's) work on both my other windows 7 computer and my windows 8 one

only problem is that in that link you have to press connect buttons.....Logitech unfied recievers don't have a connect button on them

Open device manager
Expand keyboards
Right click anything that is there and choose uninstall
Look for anything else "other devices" or anything marked with an exclamation on the icon and remove those as well.
Reboot your computer.

the same thing happens with my acer keyboard and mouse and with my Microsoft wired keyboard
If I understand you correctly.......
No keyboard, wireless or wired work properly now with this system??
But all your keyboards work as expected when connect to another system?
Does the On Screen Keyboard work properly?
You can launch it with your mouse from here
C:\Windows\System32\OSK.exe

You might take a look at your Ease Of Access settings to confirm that something hasn't been altered there that involve your keyboard (like speech recognition and double check your keyboard settings).

the onscreen keyboard works fine....on the acer all in one you don't need to launch it as they are touch screens and the keyboard is always available via icon. I have tried another Logitech keyboard/mouse combo with new usb receiver that works on an identical acer windows 7. I have tried the original acer keyboard that works on other machines, I have plugged in a wired Microsoft keyboard and all of them behave exactly the same....qwerty and number keys don't work but function keys (ie home, sleep calculatore, volume) work.....so noy a connection issue and drivers are identical on both acer machines so not a driver issue. I have unistalled all HID in devise manager and when reboot it is exactly the same.

trouble......I did check the keyboard settings when I looked for filter key settings and sticky key settings but nothing has changed in there

I had the same problem before. Tried many methods but didn't work. I also finally restored the system and worked again.

Back
Top Bottom