Windows 7 PLS HELP: how do I get back to my previous factory version of windows 7?

Karnov

Big problem pls help:

I got this new computer with windows 7 home on it as the factory default windows version. I did not like it so wanted to go back to what I was used to which was XP so I put in the disc and went through the procedure to put it back on but it seems rather than go over the factory windows 7 home, I think it actually installed next to it and not over it and is still not the main Operating System. I did something wrong obviously but now I need to get back to the original factory windows 7 but don't know how.

Pls someone help. What have I done wrong? thx.

Hello, welcome to the Windows 7 Forums :)

You can check your manufacturers site to see if they have a program that allows you to recover your original OS from a hidden partition, or you can contact them to purchase factory reset discs - which generally cost around $35.

Buying Windows 7 from a retailer would be your best bet as OEM copies are often time bloated with un-needed programs etc, which make the system slower.

Hello, welcome to the Windows 7 Forums :)

You can check your manufacturers site to see if they have a program that allows you to recover your original OS from a hidden partition, or you can contact them to purchase factory reset discs - which generally cost around $35.

Buying Windows 7 from a retailer would be your best bet as OEM copies are often time bloated with un-needed programs etc, which make the system slower.

You mentioned particians here. I know when I installed my windows xp there was another partician which obviously had the current windows 7 on as it was a lot of memory. If I could get back to that screen again of selecting particians, could I somehow open the factory setting windows 7 from there? thx.

The partition would be hidden - thus the need for the manufacturer program.

For Acer, Gateway, eMachines it's called ___ Recovery Managment.

What make and model is your PC? I'll gladly assist you to see if such option is available. :)

OK.. Checked the Compaq/HP website and it looks as if there are no recovery tools which means you would have to call them to purchase a recovery suite.. As mentioned earlier they are fairly cheap now a days.

Customer Service / Contact HP
Use that site

Back
Top Bottom