Windows 10 Pointer won't move when a letter is typed (Didn't happen until updated to Win. 10)

Perseus kane

So as many gamers (at least PC Gamers) will probably know by now, the pointer is by far the most important thing to play maly First-Person games, or any games that require a mouse and keyboard to play. My dilema is that my mouse won't move when each letter is "Typed".
This problem didn't occur until I upgraded to Windows 10. I have tried (almost) every solution found on the Internet, as well as many different search phrases, to find a solution to this problem. I have tried changing the palmcheck values in both the mouse properties and the registry to no avail. I would love it if ANYONE would be nice enough to help me.

Hi Perseus,
can you post some more information please. Computer specification and make/model of mouse would be really handy. Does this happen in a particular game or all games?
My dilema is that my mouse won't move when each letter is "Typed"
By this do you mean when trying to move the cursor up, down, left or right?

The touchpad is the average Synaptics PS/2 Port Touchpad (Palmcheck all the way down and everything, by the way). The computer (laptop, netbook, etc.) is a Toshiba Satelite C55D-B5308 (previously running Windows 8.1, now running Windows 10).

As for the pointer not moving until after few milliseconds (after i push a button), this happens anytime a letter/number/special character is typed, which also occurs with the arrow keys. No specific games (unless if a computer is one humongous game, which I highly doubt)

Looking at the drivers again i noticed there were two downloads for the touchpad driver does it make any difference if one is used and not the other?
Also have you tried plugging in a mouse and seeing if acts the same way?

I don't have any external mouse devices (unless if a controller counts)... and I'm sure that there isn't much of a difference between the two... Hmm... This is going to be tougher to figure out than I thought...

Ultimately you may find that a clean install will fix the issue. Upgrading can often introduce bugs where normally there isn't any so it's always worth trying a clean install once you have your windows 10 key. Also make sure that Windows update has cycled properly because 2 patches have been released by Microsoft which might address your issue?

Hmm... how do I find my key? I upgraded via the free upgrade... And I don't think any of the updates have addressed my issue

Try using this:
KeyFinder | Magical Jelly Bean

The above will tell you what key is currently being used. According to Microsoft once upgraded keys would become windows 10 versions within 24hrs. Did you know what your key was originally?

Back