Power icon deleted from Systray.

I'm new to forums,only posting this so i can post links in another thread,please navigate over there as I could do with some help.

Hello,I somehow fcked up and long story short I deleted the power icon from my Systray.I am on a desktop so it is not exactly necessary but my OCD is kicking in and i'm going crazy looking down on the bottom right and not seing it.When I go into notification area icons it is not there and if i go into "turn system icons on or off" I get this (see attached file) I tried deleting iconstreams and pasticonstream and restarting and it didn't fix anything.Although pasticonstreams is not there anymore iconstreams is.I have tried everything but to no avail.I have done a system restore,pretty much anything you can think of but do please give me tips on how to fix this below because this is driving me crazy,thanks in advance.

Windows Forum Team
Staff member
Premium Supporter
FYI The power settings are just as important to desktop computers as they are to laptops but you don't say HOW this happened so I assume the main issue now is how to fix it.

I recommend;

1. Try the reset to default settings option and if that doesn't work then,
Screenshot (361).png

2. Open your task manager [windows key] + [x] and then press [t]… goto the "services" tab and find "power"… is the service actually running?
Screenshot (360).png

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Microsoft MVP
Threads merged to save confusion.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.