Windows 10 Printer issue update Sept 2021

ggeoff

This is a live issue not one debated in April last. My printer was working yesterday. Today it only works from the network printer PC that acts as a server. I have a small Ethernet network and the printer is shared, rechecked nothing altered. run chkdsk /r on the two PCs that I usualy use. On the main PC I opened a document to print and I get this message - error 0x0000011b. That message has gone now and I get "Word can't print due to a problem with the printer setup". From Word the print setting has a sign, red exclamation symbol. "printer information cannot be acquired". Yesterday 28th Sept my system downloded a new update: KB4023057. The download does not show on the uninstall list yet (well it might have done so now afternoon of the 29th Sept. NB the printer shows on both PCs.

Last edited:
Similar issue has happened to many people. Network printing has broken due to the September patches attempt to fix the Print Nightmare vulnerability. If you can live without printing until Microsoft fixes the issue I would do so otherwise your option is to remove the September patch, but bare in mind you will open your system(s) up to a number of critical vulnerabilities

Thanks for the advice Neemobeer. I think I'll wait and see. I can print from the PC that is being used as a printer server which also has an A3 scanner conected. Well I say can print, at least a Test print.

Back