Windows 8 Problem installing Microsoft Office Home & Student 2013

I bought Office Home & Student 2013, but when I try to install it I get:
Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\ClientX64\intergratedoffice.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again

I tried what was suggested here, but I still get the same message, so please help! :mad:

bassfisher6522: I bought the downloaded version.
Joe S: I have re-downloaded it and I get the same issue. How do I do a hash check?

During the dl, is there an option to make an ISO file. If so, try that. Save the ISO file and burn it to DVD and install it that way.

Where are you getting the dl from? Is it from MS or some other place?

Do you have the right bit version? If installing the wrong bit version you will get error messages like you're getting.

I just took a look at the system requirements and it is a bit vague on the .net (Network Framework) They say must have 3.5 4.0 or 4.5. Try going into program and features and make sure that all 3 versions 3.5 4.0 and 4.5 are all enabled. Then go to Windows update and see of there are updates for any of them. Plus like Bassfisher said make you have the correct version 32 or 64 bit.
Joe

During installation, the program goes out on the web , for several reasons. I am thinking that it may be a connection issue. Do you have third party antivirus or firewall programs running? If so, disable them for the exercise, Make sure all previous installations are uninstalled. That includes manually removing the office folder(s).

Dave I was wondering about trying the install disconnected from the web with AV and security off. I think it's probably going out for updates from MS.
Joe

bassfisher6522: No there isn't an option to create a .ISO file, it just downloads the .exe file.
Joe S: Thanks for the hash checker and I meet all the system requirements
bassfisher6522: Yes I have the right version as on the download page it says:
We install the 32-bit version of Office by default. Even if your computer is running a 64-bit version of Windows, the 32-bit version of Office is the recommended option. The 32-bit version prevents potential compatibility issues with third-party add-ins for Office.

Joe S: I do have all three versions of .net (Network Framework) are enabled.
davehc: No I don't all I run as far as Anti-Virus is Windows Defender.

Just occurred to me, after reading the first post in this thread.
"Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\ClientX64\intergratedoffice.exe'"

I have just uninstalled Office, but I am certain that is not the correct path. It could, however, exist in the version being discussed. Anyone with a working edition who can verify that it should be "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15" ??
I am also a little puzzled about the spelling of "integrated", but that could be MS jargonise.

Integrated MS products, are usually factory releases, which install all the editions on a computer in one go.

I suspicious of the actual download site, not being a MS legitimate download site.

I would really like to have a look at that page,Bass. This wording is very unusual

"We install the 32-bit version of Office by default"

You have, possibly, been directed to an untrustworthy site for your download. Perhaps you could post the link.

Have you had a previous install of an office product on that system? Because it is looking for a file already on the system, it could be reasoned the installer thinks there is one..

The fixit reference you gave should have removed any prior install, but if a partial uninstall had been done, it might not be able to. Have you gone through the extended manual process to see if you can find any of the items indicated?

Davehc: Here you go: http://i48.tinypic.com/1nyyw9.jpg

Saltgrass: No I haven't had another office product on that system as I just used OpenOffice which is open source. The fix it reference I gave said it fixed the problem, but I still have the have the same issues I even had Microsoft to remotely try to fix the issue with no luck. What do you mean by "Have you gone through the extended manual process to see if you can find any of the items indicated?"

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you mean by "Have you gone through the extended manual process to see if you can find any of the items indicated?"
On the page you reference, or a link from that page, it goes through a manual install and lists the registry entries and some other things you see if are on your system. Since it has not been installed before, there should not be any other entries and no folders in the Program Files, or Program Files (x86) folders.

For instance, it says to make sure your system is set to see hidden files and type installer in the run box. This just opens the Windows\Install folder then they ask if you show any .msi files that reference Office 2013. This is part of the uninstall scenario, and since you have not installed before, that error should not even show up.

Do you show the file structure they indicate in the Program Files folder? I suppose it is not in the Program Files (x86) either?

There is also a registry location mentioned you might check to see if you have.

Uninstall Microsoft Office 2013 or Office 365

Back