Windows 7 Problem installing programs

constantinius

Hi everyone!

This is my first post in this forum, and I really hope to get some help, because I am pretty desperate right now. I've already looked through other posts and Forums., but I have not found any solution there. I've also done a memory test, but no errors could be found.

Last week I bought my new computer and installed Win 7 Professional 64bit. Everything seemed to work fine, but some installations (which worked on my laptop with Win XP) cancelled with strange errors. I thought this was due to my 64 bit installation of Windows 7, so I reinstalled Windows with a 32 bit version. (If someone asks if they are legal versions: yes they are). But the installation problems were still there.

It seems as if my Windows installation says some .cab files which I try to install are corrupted.

These are some examples of programs which I wasn't able to install:

• Microsoft Office 2007
  • Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 (which I need as soon as possible)
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
  • AVG Antivirus (although I managed to install an older version)
  • DirectX (only in 64 bit; obsolete)
If necessary, my PC configuration:
AMD Phenom II X4
Asus M4A785TD-M EVO
PowerColor Radeon HD 5770
GeIL DIMM 4GB DDR3-1330
I would be really glad if someone could help me out!
Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone!

This is my first post in this forum, and I really hope to get some help, because I am pretty desperate right now. I've already looked through other posts and Forums., but I have not found any solution there. I've also done a memory test, but no errors could be found.

Last week I bought my new computer and installed Win 7 Professional 64bit. Everything seemed to work fine, but some installations (which worked on my laptop with Win XP) cancelled with strange errors. I thought this was due to my 64 bit installation of Windows 7, so I reinstalled Windows with a 32 bit version. (If someone asks if they are legal versions: yes they are). But the installation problems were still there.

It seems as if my Windows installation says some .cab files which I try to install are corrupted.

These are some examples of programs which I wasn't able to install:

• Microsoft Office 2007
  • Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 (which I need as soon as possible)
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
  • AVG Antivirus (although I managed to install an older version)
  • DirectX (only in 64 bit; obsolete)

If necessary, my PC configuration:
AMD Phenom II X4
Asus M4A785TD-M EVO
PowerColor Radeon HD 5770
GeIL DIMM 4GB DDR3-1330
I would be really glad if someone could help me out!
Thanks in advance!

I assume you're trying to install these from DVD/CD's. Just a suggestion, but try copying one of the disks to your HD and install from there. See if you get the same corruption warnings.

I assume you're trying to install these from DVD/CD's. Just a suggestion, but try copying one of the disks to your HD and install from there. See if you get the same corruption warnings.

some of it, yes. And I do get the same errors. Strangely enough, when I tried to install Office 2007 with Compatability Mode for Windows XP SP 3 no errors occured. Sadly Office is the only thing I could install with this strategy... :(

Back
Top Bottom