Windows 7 Problem installing windows 7

I don't understand this.

How did you create a new partition when you put in the install DVD and install begins/

Maybe I'm missing something here , bit if you have a empty drive, why can't you run the install here?

When you select custom install you have all these extra options you can do before running the custom install... it will delete partions, format etc. Pop in your install disk and check it out.

Doesnt looks like u have much knowlage about anything ur talking about...

Ofc its clean install, and yes, IT ASKS partition!

First, play nice. people are tying to help you and when someone that may have the solution sees you telling someone that they don't know what they are talking about -- they aren't very motivated to get involved. Just learn to say that didn't work, thank you.

I'm confused, but I think I may have sorted it out .. first you said

just had only 1 hdd connected, deleted all partitions (with win7 install CD)

Then in this message you say it asks partitions

Here is a possiblity... you also said:

" and created new partition "

You don't do that. Just delete ALL partitions then go directly into the install and let the install do what it wants.

Reghakr: The only way that message would come up is if you had more than one partition.

Doesnt looks like u have much knowlage about anything ur talking about...

Ofc its clean install, and yes, IT ASKS partition!

Actually he is righ, you can't be presented with the option about which partition to install to.... unless you have more than one... or you have another hard drive plugged in.

You manually created another partition. So the windows install naturally wants to know which one you want it to install to.

If you realize that Microsoft puts incredible effort into trying to make the install as simple as possible... THEN you would realize that it's not simple to require someone to understand how to manually create a partition before they do the install.. can you imagine how many people would have to be taught how to do that step? About a billion world wide.

First, play nice. people are tying to help you and when someone that may have the solution sees you telling someone that they don't know what they are talking about -- they aren't very motivated to get involved. Just learn to say that didn't work, thank you.

I'm confused, but I think I may have sorted it out .. first you said

just had only 1 hdd connected, deleted all partitions (with win7 install CD)

Then in this message you say it asks partitions

Here is a possiblity... you also said:

" and created new partition "

You don't do that. Just delete ALL partitions then go directly into the install and let the install do what it wants.

Well, your probably right, as sad as this is - windows 7 is for dumb ppl.
Gave the HDD for a friend to test it out when he got time (he got a little biz about computers), and today he told that win7 installs only to full hdd, not to a partition.
What I was trying to do, is split the HDD in 2 parts, always made a partition of 150GB where I tryed to install it...

About reghakr - if all hes doing, is asking me questions what I have been wroten before... Then even if he knows alot and posts alot - I see why he have so much posts, and if he just cant read the problem, and kidna "stupid" asking questions what I have been answered already, it doenst shows that he have some knowlage...

Well, your probably right, as sad as this is - windows 7 is for dumb ppl.
Gave the HDD for a friend to test it out when he got time (he got a little biz about computers), and today he told that win7 installs only to full hdd, not to a partition.
What I was trying to do, is split the HDD in 2 parts, always made a partition of 150GB where I tryed to install it...

About reghakr - if all hes doing, is asking me questions what I have been wroten before... Then even if he knows alot and posts alot - I see why he have so much posts, and if he just cant read the problem, and kidna "stupid" asking questions what I have been answered already, it doenst shows that he have some knowlage...

You may want to pay attention to his rep power, he has resolved thousands of problems for visitors, thats a LOT of work because we are lucky to fix one out of 4 or 5 problems. remember we seldom have see the problem, first hand on our computers, that we are trying to help a visitor fix. Click New Post up there and try to solve some problems, yourself and see if it's easy.. remember this is not a Microsoft forum, no one gets paid.

as for your partitions, I never use partitions I'm strongly against it.. but I;ve seen dozens of messages visitors have posted because win 7 did set up on a different partition and they were asking how to reset the win 7 partition to the primary one so win 7 would boot, not the os on the other partition.

well, About partitions - Im with them! I like partitions... Its easear then buying many HDD's to get some more space for different things...

And I dont think I would have problem on "which partition boots" - there are programms which can add/edit the OS list which shows up when u boot ur PC, and it can add boath windows for it... (this list doesnt shows up when theres only 1 OS)

Right now - my hdd is away for guarantee...

well, About partitions - Im with them! I like partitions... Its easear then buying many HDD's to get some more space for different things...QUOTE]

Partitions waste space. Since partitions can't be filled without getting "out of disk space" errors, ever partition may waste a gb of overhead.

I see absolutly no advantage to making partitions because new folders will work just as well. Should a drive go out the partitions are lost also, ...so backing up to a partition isn't a good plan either.

Add to that the possibility a partition table could be damaged, as the result of a virus, many do that, or bad sector on the drive where the partition tables are stored, or corrupted- that is frequent when partitions are resized..... I'll just buy another hard drive if I think my data has enough value to be worth protecting.

If you do Partitions I would recommend backing up the entire drive with the partition on it to an other drive in case your drive goes teats up. I have 4 internal hard drives. One of those drives is for backups of my c drive I keep a 3 week supply of my system on hand, anything longer than 3 weeks and it is deleted

Back