Problem updating iTunes 12.7.3 in Windows10 ver 1709

PJD

Honorable Member
Hi, when trying to do this update I get the message "There is a problem with this Windows Installer Package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run". In the Windows Virtual help it suggests running 'repair' in Programs and Features on Apple App Support 64 bit, Apple Mobile Devices Support and Apple Software Update. I get errors 2503 and 2502 when I try to do this. It seems to be not an unusual problem. Appreciate any guidance. Many thanks in anticipation. Peter

Hi Peter,
a quick google of those codes leads to a suggestion of right clicking the app and installing as administrator?

Hi Peter,
a quick google of those codes leads to a suggestion of right clicking the app and installing as administrator?
Hi kemical
Thank you for responding to my question. Am not sure how to go about that but will have a play.
I think I am logged on as administrator, perhaps I'm not.
Thanks again and regards
Peter

Am not sure how to go about that but will have a play.
Hi Peter,
so to install iTunes as admin' simply right click on the install icon. Choose properties followed by 'Run as administrator' and then click ok.

Any problems please post back.

I perhaps should mention that iTunes needs to be uninstalled before trying the above.

Back