racinj

I use this as a wireless printer point and a wireless internet connection for a PC. All worked fine with XP but wont work with WIN 7 32 Premium.
Problems:Other PC can communicated with printer. But PC connected to router cannot. It might if I could download printer drivers. PC connected to dlink when I open IE 8 the progress bar moves to halfway and I get a little clock at bottom left corner of window. Firefox opens to home page but same thing with progress bar. I can ping yahoo via CMD window. I can ping my main router but cannot access it via the IP address.
I have reset this thing so many times its SAD. Dlink support site has no info on windows 7 and googling this dlink windows 7 comes up spotty at best but no answer.

What I am trying to do is get PC(kids room) connected to internet via my Netgear running DD-WRT and the printer working, like it did with XP pro.

Any thoughts?
I did unchecked the IPV6 and that did nothing, so I rechecked it.
Thanks

Solution
It seems like you are facing some connectivity issues with your printer and wireless internet setup when using Windows 7 32-bit Premium compared to when you were using Windows XP. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve these problems:
### Printer Connectivity:
1. Download Printer Drivers:
- Since the other PCs can communicate with the printer, you might want to download the printer drivers on the PC connected to the router. This can usually be done by visiting the printer manufacturer's website and locating the appropriate drivers for Windows 7. Install these drivers to enable communication between the PC and the printer.
2. Network Configuration:
- Ensure that both the PC and the printer are on the...
It seems like you are facing some connectivity issues with your printer and wireless internet setup when using Windows 7 32-bit Premium compared to when you were using Windows XP. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve these problems:
### Printer Connectivity:
1. Download Printer Drivers:
- Since the other PCs can communicate with the printer, you might want to download the printer drivers on the PC connected to the router. This can usually be done by visiting the printer manufacturer's website and locating the appropriate drivers for Windows 7. Install these drivers to enable communication between the PC and the printer.
- Ensure that both the PC and the printer are on the same network and subnet to allow proper communication.
- Check the firewall settings on both devices to ensure that they are not blocking communication.
### Internet Connectivity:
1. Browser Issues:
- The issues with Internet Explorer 8 and Firefox could be related to browser settings or conflicts. Try the following:
- Clear browser cache and cookies.
- Update the browser to the latest version if possible.

- Ensure that the network settings on the PC (kids' room) are correctly configured to connect to the Netgear router running DD-WRT.

3. Troubleshooting Network Connectivity:
- Since you can ping external websites and your main router but cannot access it via the IP address, there might be a network configuration issue.
- Check if the router's IP address is correctly configured on the PC.
- Check for any IP conflicts in the network.

4. Enable IPv6:
- You mentioned that unchecking IPv6 did not resolve the issue, so it's good that you rechecked it. IPv6 should generally not interfere with basic network connectivity.
### Additional Suggestions:
  • Firmware Update: Check if there are firmware updates available for your router and printer that might address Windows 7 compatibility issues.
  • Network Troubleshooting Tools: Use network troubleshooting tools like "ipconfig" and "tracert" in the Command Prompt to diagnose network issues further.
  • Consult Manufacturer Support: Reach out to the manufacturer of your printer and router for specific Windows 7 compatibility issues or troubleshooting steps.
By following these steps, you might be able to resolve the connectivity issues with your printer and internet connection on Windows 7. If you encounter any specific error messages or further issues, providing more details would be helpful for further assistance.

Solution
Back