Problem with IE

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Help and Support' started by itguy9103, Sep 18, 2006.

1. itguy9103

itguy9103 New Member

I've installed twice and have the same issue. I can navigate to many pages using IE, but cannot connect to sites such as the default home page, google, or even myspace...just to name a few. Any help would be great :confused: also cannot navigate away from microsoft.com I DO have connectivity and can navigate to some sites, but most are unreachable.

2. Shane01638

Shane01638 New Member

I had the same problems, but after poking around the internet settings I can't connect at all now.

3. Shane01638

Shane01638 New Member

I fixed the internet connection problem by uninstalling and reinstalling the network adapter, now I'm back to the original problem. I can only go to a few websites like yahoo and even then none of the links work.

4. Shane01638

Shane01638 New Member

I fixed mine with these instructions.

Click on Start orb
    Right-click on Computer
    Click on Manage
    Click Continue
    Select Device Manager on the left
    Expand Network adapters on the right
    Right-click the network adapter
    Click on Properties
    Click on Advanced
    Select TCP Checksum Offload (IPv4) on the left
    Set value to Disabled
    Click OK, and clock the Device Manager

5. angrywasp

angrywasp New Member

I had the same problem and I found out it was a problem with the vista drivers for my gigabit network card. If you're having these problems and you have a Marvel Yukon Gigabit ethernet controller you need to download the drivers directly from the Marvell site as the drivers vista installs don't work.

just go here:
    Marvell: Consumer Driver Search

and run a search based on the platform you're using. should solve your problems if you have a gigabit ethernet controller

Let me know how it goes

6. itguy9103

itguy9103 New Member

the driver install worked. I thought Vista had the latest drivers but apparently not...the easiest solution, in this case, was the correct solution. Thanks :)

7. angrywasp

angrywasp New Member

glad i could help. It's little bugs like this that stop people from giving vista a good workout.