MSN and Edge problem.

daopa

Honorable Member
I have a problem when using Edge and trying to read MSN, on Win-10. This slows down the whole access to news, it even keeps the added video blank.
I am using a fine cable connection, DOWN at 110, UP at 40, on the WWW.
At times it will sit with a blank screen for up to one minute before it produces the required results on my screen.

Dell machine, 12 GBs RAM, Intel i7, 3.4 GHZ CPU.

When I use Firefox to do the same thing, it is faultless, quick as a bunny.
Has anybody else seen the same problem ? Using Edge and MSN ?

I will close MSN and re-click it on and at times it is fine for a while. Should I change to another "page", I lose it all.

Solution ? It has been like this for all of January, I got a new decoder on the 7th Jan but this problem persists.

A great day to all.

Sorry to hear that you're facing issues with Edge and MSN on your Windows 10 machine. Slow loading and blank screens can be frustrating, especially when other browsers like Firefox seem to work fine. While I can't provide a definitive solution, I can offer some troubleshooting steps and suggestions that might help resolve the issue.

1. Clear browsing data: Start by clearing your browsing history, cache, and cookies in Edge. Open Edge, click on the three-dot menu at the top right corner, select "Settings," then "Privacy, search, and services." Under "Clear browsing data," choose the time range and the types of data you want to delete, then click on "Clear."

2. Disable extensions: Some browser extensions may conflict with websites or cause slow loading. Disable any extensions you have installed and see if the problem persists. To do this, open Edge, click on the three-dot menu, select "Extensions," and turn off any extensions you find.

3. Reset Edge settings: You can also try resetting Edge to its default settings. Go to "Settings" in Edge, click on "Reset settings," and follow the instructions to reset the browser.

4. Update Edge and Windows 10: Ensure that both Edge and Windows 10 are up to date. Microsoft frequently releases updates to address known issues and improve performance. To update Edge, open the Microsoft Store app, click on the three-dot menu, select "Downloads and updates," and then click on "Get updates." To update Windows 10, go to "Settings," click on "Update & Security," and then click on "Check for updates."

5. Use a different version of Edge: If you're using the default version of Edge (EdgeHTML), you can try installing the new Chromium-based version of Edge. It offers improved performance and compatibility. You can download it from the Microsoft website or search for "Microsoft Edge Chromium" in your favorite search engine.

6. Consider alternative browsers: If the issue persists, you can consider using alternative browsers like Firefox, Chrome, or Opera, which seem to work fine for you. These browsers offer excellent compatibility and performance and may provide a smoother browsing experience.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, it might be worth reaching out to Microsoft Support or posting on Microsoft's official forums to see if others are experiencing a similar problem and if there are any specific solutions available.

I hope these suggestions help resolve the issue so you can enjoy a smooth browsing experience with MSN. Have a great day!

That robot is not any smarter than I. I did all it mentioned but I am still having this recurrent problem.
Forum open. Who can solve this ? Daopa.

Come on people, I am not smart enough but so is this Robot. Whoever thought of this Robot over Humans should have his head read.
It is a real annal pain. Now how to get rid of Robot ? I fear that MS has it imbedded in Windows now. Sad ! Daopa

I never use Edge unless something doesn't work and I need to test if it's a browser issue. Are you using any 3rd party utilities to clean up the system? If yes it may be wiping out cache the browser relies on to fake a speedy experience. Lots of browsers do this.

As a test I opened msn.com in both Firefox and Edge, a site I never visit. Both loaded in less than 5 seconds. Do you sign into Edge? Do you use any browser extensions? Is the experience different in a private browsing mode?

If you go to message #3 here, I can now tell that I am smarter than Robot. I found a way to enable reading MSN on Edge. A few keystrokes and voilà ! Daopa.

Back