Windows 10 Problem with One e-mail Address

Hermitkrab

Honorable Member
For some reason I'm having trouble emailing one contact in my contact list. My email to this individual always gets bounced back as undelivered, as if that address didn't exist. I'm sure the address is correct; I've checked it very carefully. This address is the only one of my contacts that's giving me trouble. I've tried sending an email using both my gmail and Yahoo accounts, and the result is the same for this one address. His wife verifies that I'm using the correct address. So, any ideas why a correct email address doesn't go through? Thanks in advance.

If it's bouncing back, verify the reason in the bounce back message. The bounce back is accurate so the reason in it is going to be the issue.

Here's what the message reads, Nemo:

"your message wasn't delivered to [email protected] because the address couldn't be found. Check for typos or unnecessary spaces and try again". Keep in mind that there were no typos; the address was 100% correct.

If it's returning that then it's no longer a valid email you'll want to contact the owner and see if it's changed.

Neemo, that's the strange thing. According to his wife, the address is the same one I've always been using. The only explanation may be that he's changed the address without his wife's knowledge. Maybe i'll just call him to find out. Thanks.

For some reason I'm having trouble emailing one contact in my contact list. My email to this individual always gets bounced back as undelivered, as if that address didn't exist. I'm sure the address is correct; I've checked it very carefully. This address is the only one of my contacts that's giving me trouble. I've tried sending an email using both my gmail and Yahoo accounts, and the result is the same for this one address. His wife verifies that I'm using the correct address. So, any ideas why a correct email address doesn't go through? Thanks in advance.

Yes, I know the frustration of that and have had that issue myself from time to time.

Well, are you use you typed the address in correctly as it's very easy to click the comma key instead of the period key as both can look identical. Plus it's good to double check and triple_etc the email address you typed for them..And to make positive, it's good if you ask the recipient to just send you a tester email to you to make positive you got it correctly typed, then all you do is when you hit reply it'll self correct the address for you.!!

Hi

I've had this problem.

I had a client whose address started coming up as undeliverable all of a sudden.
Even if I used reply to a message that he sent to me.

We both had Comcast accounts.

We had to setup a Gmail accounts for him so we could communicate.
A month or so later we tried again and it worked?

Try having the person at the other end send you an email, and then try replying.
If that doesn't work then there is some kind of a glitch in the system.

If it does work, copy the address from his message and paste it into your address book, and see it that works.

I'm having a problem right now with my dentist.

He sends me messages about appointments, and asks that I reply to confirm.
Every time I try is comes back as undeliverable.

Mike

Thanks, Mike. I'm glad I'm not the only one with that problem. I'll do as you suggested. In the meantime, I can still contact him through his wife's email address.

A couple of things it could be. If you didn't talk to your friend, and just his wife-you could be experiencing what we call in the biz, "human-error" here. If your friend changed his E-mail and didn't tell his wife for any number of reasons, her information could be out of date. For example, she may no longer be physically residing in the same household as your friend. If your friend no longer wants his wife to have that info he might have changed it since they are separated. If he is the Account Owner on the E-mail, she might have been peeking into his E-mail *again, for a variety of reasons*.

I could go on, but you get the point. The only person you can really trust to give you a 100% accurate E-mail address is your friend; not a go-between (his wife!). And even then, as Mike said if you type it wrong and are off by one character such as a hypen instead of an underscore or the letter "l" and the number "1" which look a lot alike on the screen and keyboard, you could have typed it wrong. Having been an E-mail administrator for dozens of companies I've seen it all, but this sounds like simply a case of bad communication with your friend.:rolleyes:

Unless he's hospitalized, in prison, or camping out in Siberia somewhere you need to get a hold of him and verify his E-mail address on the phone with him directly. The suggestion of having him E-mail you and you simply reply back will eliminate a lot of this. The other problem is that the bellsouth domain is often blocked by businesses, as that is a major ISP provider and some companies give those addresses out to employees. That means if your friend's address is a business E-mail and not a personal address it could be managed by his employer's IT department which means they could have all kinds of filters on incoming E-mails from unknown addresses which are then blocked by filters and automatic rules on their Mail servers (Your friend's employer).:headache:

Additionally, many companies today outsource their entire E-mail operation to IT companies who manage it and can use a variety of Mail servers including Unix/Linux Mail servers which are designed to block out any suspicious E-mails.:pirate: If the content of your E-mail includes any graphics images or suspicious links, they could be blocked by your friend's company via their IT department, Mail Server, or outsourced E-mail management provider.:skull:

Try this; after you talk with your friend on the phone, have him send you a plain text E-mail message such as a simple "hello" to you, and reply back with the same; a plain text E-mail message, again no graphics, so signature blocks with your funny icons, your company or business-logo etc. 99% of the time this will fix the problem. In the case it still doesn't and you discover after talking with your friend that he has a personal E-mail forwarding provider or his own Mail or Proxy Server running his E-mail, you might discover that YOUR E-mail address is NOT in his Address Book or Contacts. **Have you changed your E-mail address in the last year or so since you've communicated with him???**
In many situations, he may need to add you into those in order for your E-mail to get into his Inbox.:andwhat:

Trying most of these suggestions will almost always result in a fix. If you're still having a problem, you can do what Mike suggested, which I've also had to do, is to have him setup a temporary Gmail or Yahoo E-mail address *disposeable* and communicate with him that way. Most likely, he is doing something funny on his end or it's a human-error issue as I described above, and you need to speak with him directly to solve it.

Best of luck,:bighug:
<<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>> :usa:

OK, I located the problem. Upon further inspection of the address in my address book, I noticed there was a period just before the address. I removed the period and rectified the problem. It was hard to see. I don't know how it got there; I may have cut and pasted it from another source and that extra period came with it. Anyhow, all's well that ends well. Thanks for everyone's assistance.

That was an excellent tutorial, Big Bear! :up:

Back