Windows 7 Problem with video driver of nVidia 6700 MGs

vivektalkin

Hey everyone i just installed Windows 7 Pro. but the problem is that it says my graphics card has only 8 MB memory ,

but it is nVidia 6700 MGs with 512 MB . Driver provided for this by HP was build for win vista and when i try to install that it says windows is not vista nd installation will be cancelled ?????

Is there any way to install this driver(also supported by XP) on win 7 ?? plz don't say install vista->driver nd update it to win 7 ... is there any other way .. installing this in vista or xp mode in win 7???

Have you tried going here and using option #2 to allow Nvidia to scan your computer for possible graphics drivers updates.
You'll probably need to use IE browser as it uses an ActiveX control to do the scan.
Regards
Randy

yes i did but it says bad request after clicking there ... moreover when i tried downloading it manually for 8600M GS .... the driver didn't get ionstall properly !!! (link available there is for 8600 GS not for 8600M GS)

thnx for support

sorry it is not 6700 ... it is -->> 8600 M GS <<--

yes i did but it says bad request after clicking there ... moreover when i tried downloading it manually for 8600M GS .... the driver didn't get ionstall properly !!! (link available there is for 8600 GS not for 8600M GS)

thnx for support

sorry it is not 6700 ... it is -->> 8600 M GS <<--
There is a proper link you need to first select GForce 8M Series (Notebook) and you'll see the link for GForce 8600M GS
Make sure you grab the proper one for your architecture (32 or 64 bit)
Hope this helps
Regards
Randy

Great, good to hear you were able to resolved your problem. Thanks for posting back and updating your thread with that information.
Regards
Randy

Back