Windows 7 Problems after ugrading from Vista to Win7

leostrider

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forums. Just made an account to ask this question.

Anyway, I upgraded my Studio XPS 13 from Vista 64 bit to Win7 64 bit using the upgrade cd from Dell a few days ago. Since, I've been having some problems with sound and the computer freezing.

First of all, since I upgraded, sound from youtube clips/any other streamed videos has been suffering some pretty bad slowdown. It's kind of hard to explain, but it happens every 30 seconds or so. The sound will get really slow and choppy for a few seconds. I tested it with an episode of The Office played off my hard drive, and it happened then too. Windows says my drivers are up to date, and I even tried rollbacking my driver, that didn't work either.

Second of all, my computer has a new tendancy to lock up whenever it pleases. It's happened when left idle, it's happened when booting windows, and it's happened like two minutes after the computer's been booted. It's extremely annoying and I don't know what's wrong.

So, my question is, does anyone know how to fix this? I love Windows 7, and I really don't want these problems marring my experience with it. And I reeaally don't want to have to do a clean install, but I will if I have to. Speaking of which, if no one knows how to fix my problems, are there any good guides out there for doing a clean install with an upgrade disc? Anyone have any links?

Thanks a lot!

Back