Windows 8 Problems I think caused by updates, help needed!

mrbennnyc

Hi all,

I've been having some problems with my laptop recently. I have Windows 8 installed on an Acer V3-571g and about a week ago I started to get BSOD with two errors KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR and CRITICAL_PROCESS DIED. After playing around with sfc/scannow etc, I decided to completed reset Windows, but this didn't work and the errors continued even after the reinstall.

After reinstalling Windows I tried to install the 110 available updates. However, as soon as I did this it started crashing again with CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. I kept trying and managed to install most of the updates but have been left with KB2929755 and KB2802618 which have failed. The last thing I tried was to run a sfc/scannow which said it had fixed all the corruptions, but as soon as I tried to install those two updates, again it began to crash.

I'm not a computer wizz, everything I've done so far is from suggestions on forums, so it's possible it's not these updates, but could be a hardware problem? I had been getting some overheating issues, I think caused by my graphics card until a couple of weeks ago, which I fixed by disabling my graphics card for the game which was causing the problem. Any ideas about what to do next? I've disabled updates from installing those two updates, and haven't had another crash as of yet, but that might be just from luck.

Any ideas would be much appreciated, it's only 2 months past it's warranty period and I use it every day for work, so I really hope it's fixable...

Many thanks,

Ben

The August updates wreaked havoc on many pcs.
MS is asking users to remove 4 of them and one is removed or good. They cannot simply be removed in add/remove.
Let us hope there will be some fixes issued soon.

The August updates wreaked havoc on many pcs.
MS is asking users to remove 4 of them and one is removed or good. They cannot simply be removed in add/remove.
Let us hope there will be some fixes issued soon.

The thread was posted on July 21st.
It would be hard to blame the August 12th updates.

I think you are referring to my redundancy. I thought that some people did not know about the update issue and so I tried to spread the word so they would not think it was on their end. I thought they might not read all threads and miss it.
I apologize for being so repetitive but it was well meaning.
I apologize and I will try to be more specific.
Peter

Back