Windows 7 Problems with 3 updates

WilliamP

Extraordinary Member
I am running Windows 7 64 bit and have three updates that won't install. The system will download the updates. Then it says creating restore point (I have an SSD and have system restore turned off) .That is as far as it goes.The updates are KB 2737019, KB2729449 and KB2687623. Should I download each from the web and install?

The first two updates are .Net 4 updates. You might try installing them alone. Those types of updates may require a complete system shutdown to complete. The last one is an Office update. It might install later successfully, and some updates do.

You can always try downloading directly if you want.

Microsoft Update Catalog

I tried Repair and that didn't work. I couldn't remove it either. I downloaded Net.Framework 4 and tried to install it.It only gave me the option of repair or remove and neither of those worked.

When an update fails, you are supposed to be able to right click it and get some info as to why it might have failed. That might help, giving it some time might help.

Have you tried turning System Restore back on?

I tried that and it didn't work. I downloaded and ran (Net.Framework Cleanup Tool) to remove Net Framework 4. Then I downloaded and installed Net Frame Work 4 and the two Ne Framework updates worked. So I still have to deal with KB2687623

Back
Top Bottom