Windows 7 Problems with installation on HP Pavilion....

ricknightcrawlr

Hello,

I get this error when trying to install Windows 7 Home - 32 bit from scratch or doing the simple OS update:

Windows cannot install required files. Network problems may be preventing Windows from accessing the file. Make sure the computer is connected to the network and restart the installation. Error code: 0x80070005

My computer:
HP Pavilion dv6000
Processor: Intel Core 2 CPU @ 2 GHz
Memory (RAM): 2 GB
System type: 32-bit Operating System, I am running Windows Vista Home Premium.

I just completed a couple of updates with HP concerning the wireless network and USB. I have constant wired access to
the internet during this, so I don't understand how there can be a network problem.

My copy of Windows 7 is a legitimate downloaded copy (from Digital River, Inc.) and I don't understand what
is wrong.

Please help me, and I will be very happy.

Thank you,

The problem with System Restore is before and after the HP updates and Microsoft Updates it failed to work. It complains that Windows 7 does not work properly with:
*HP Quick Launch Buttons - and I should therefore update the drivers.
- Went to HP and updated the drivers, but it doesn't say that they can update for anything above Vista 64 bit
*Recommend uninstalling these:
*QuickCam
-Successful uninstalled.
*Quick Launch Buttons
-Successful uninstalled.

Despite all this work, all these updates and driver updates. Windows 7 still gives me the same error above.

Would a system restore back to a much previous time fix the problem? What would be the best method to just upgrade it.
I am not worried about losing any information because everything I need is in a separate external hard drive. I just simply want it installed, one way or the other.

Please help!

Thank You.

Rick I'm having the exact same problem. I have a dv6 and have the same exact error message. I've been looking through support/help posts but I can figure it out. Let me know if you do!

Back