Windows 7 Problems with installing windows 7 ultimate 64 bit, missing text

lobotomy

Hi all I was wondering if anyone could help me as I haven't been able to find a thread with my problem.
I just put together a new system which includes...

Sapphire HD 5770 1GB GDDR5 Dual DVI HDMI DisplayPort HDCP PCI-E Graphics Card
AMD Phenom II X2 555 Black Edition 3.2GHz Socket AM3 6MB Cache
Corsair 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz XMS3 Memory Kit CL9 unbuffered
Asus M4A88T-V EVO/USB3 880G Socket AM3 ATX Motherboard
Samsung HD103SJ Spinpoint F3 1TB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 32MB Cache

I did a fresh install with windows 7 ultimate 64 bit which I have installed before with no problems on my previous computer.
Unfortunately this time I seem to get not graphics missing, but text missing off the screen from all right click menus and new open explorer/program windows!
I also seem to get "not responding" to installs of the ati graphics driver and other stuff when I try to install!
I have tried about 3 fresh installs but I get the same every time!
I have never used ati before, I have always been nvidia, so my thoughts are towards that as it is the new thing in my equation, but then again I'm not so tech savvy to make that assumption!.
I would reiterate though that the whole system is new off the shelf so a chance of a virus or trojan infection is virtually nil.
I think the hardware is probably the issue as I installed my copy of windows before with no problems... but which part is the question? as it seems to all boot up ok just missing the parts that I already mentioned.
Any help would be appreciated.
Any questions you need answering to help with answers, please ask and I'll respond straight away.
Many thanks peeps.

I have seen some threads about ATI talking about the Catalyst driver needed to be installed. Perhaps that is what you are trying to do.

Have you tried starting it in base video from the msconfig panel or from the recovery boot options? I suppose you could try changing the resolution from the desktop and perhaps the DPI setting to test.

You might even throw in an Nvidia card to test if you have one. But I am not an ATI user either.

If text is missing, possibly some font is not available.

Back