Problems with microphone on Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Hello all,
After downloading windows 10, I have recently noticed that when I attempt to talk in CS:GO, people are telling me to stop using my mic. According to feedback from friends, my microphone sounds like I have a voice changer equipped. I tried listening to myself in steam and that was indeed the problem. I proceeded to go to my microphone settings and listened to myself there. My voice appeared to be normal and I could understand myself perfectly. I do believe this issue has something to do with windows 10 because my mic works fine elsewhere but is defective in CS:GO. I have searched this issue and a handful of people have the same problem. If anyone knows of this problem and knows how to resolve it, help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Microsoft MVP
Hi,
Microsoft have recently released a troubleshooter for Windows 10 audio issues, might be worth a try?
Fix sound problems - Microsoft Windows

ussnorway

Windows Forum Team
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Did you try turning the system mic off from privacy... as a test? I found it was mucking up the Adobe chat we sometimes use at work
Screenshot (29).png

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.