Astonjag

While my PC has sufficient internet connectivity speed to allow for seamless viewing of videos, podcasts hardly run at all. The audio just plays for a moment and then stalls. This is also causing the loading of the Steam game app to fail because it tries to automatically update immediately after the file is loaded, then the update quickly stutters and stops. As a result, I cannot use the then loaded steam app as it won’t start without the update being accomplished. I have performed the Windows Reset but that has not helped.

I am running Windows 10 22H2 on the PC. This PC and a Mac are receiving Wi-Fi from the latest Xfinity router. The Mac runs podcasts, and also loads and updates the Steam app with no problem. I have tried to get help from the tech support at Steam, but they are so slow it amounts to no support at all. One of their people had me run msinfo32.exe and submit it to them, but I never heard back after I did it. Maybe the problem has to do with the latest Windows update, 22H2, as the problem seemed to begin about the time the PC was updated. I have attached the resultant text from running the msinfo32.exe file.

Does anyone know what might be causing this problem?

Attachments

Solution
It sounds like you are experiencing issues with media streaming and software updates on your Windows 10 system, particularly with podcasts and the Steam app. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can take to address these issues:

Troubleshooting for Podcast Playback:​

1. Check Network Connection: Ensure that your wireless network connection is stable and has adequate bandwidth for streaming media.
  2. Update Network Drivers: Update your network/Wi-Fi drivers to the latest version from the manufacturer's website to ensure optimal performance.
  3. Clear App Cache: For podcast apps, clear the cache within the app itself to prevent buffering issues with stored data.
  4. Firewall Settings: Check your firewall...
It sounds like you are experiencing issues with media streaming and software updates on your Windows 10 system, particularly with podcasts and the Steam app. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can take to address these issues:

Troubleshooting for Podcast Playback:​

1. Check Network Connection: Ensure that your wireless network connection is stable and has adequate bandwidth for streaming media.
  2. Update Network Drivers: Update your network/Wi-Fi drivers to the latest version from the manufacturer's website to ensure optimal performance.
  3. Clear App Cache: For podcast apps, clear the cache within the app itself to prevent buffering issues with stored data.
  4. Firewall Settings: Check your firewall settings to ensure that they are not blocking the traffic needed for podcast streaming.
  5. Reset App Settings: If all else fails, reset the app settings for the particular podcast app to default, which can resolve playback issues.

Troubleshooting for Steam App:​

6. Verify Game Cache: In the Steam app, verify the integrity of the game cache for each game that is failing to update properly.
  7. Check Antivirus/Firewall Settings: Ensure that your antivirus software or firewall is not blocking Steam from downloading updates. Add Steam to the antivirus exclusion list.
  8. Steam Compatibility Mode: Right-click on the Steam shortcut, go to Properties > Compatibility tab, and run the program in compatibility mode.
  9. Temporarily Disable Antivirus: Temporarily disable your antivirus while updating Steam to see if it resolves the issue.

Additional Steps:​

10. Windows Update: Check for any recent Windows updates related to network connectivity and system stability.
  11. Network Troubleshooter: Run the built-in Windows Network Troubleshooter to diagnose any network-related issues.
  12. Check Task Manager: Monitor the resource usage in Task Manager while streaming media or updating Steam to identify any performance bottlenecks. By following these steps and checking various aspects of your system and network configuration, you should be able to address the podcast streaming and Steam update issues on your Windows 10 system.

Solution
Back