Windows 7 Problems with Quicktime and Win 7?

pridgeondesign

I have webpages with quicktime movies that I can view on XP and Vista machines, but on my new Dell with Windows 7. I see the QT image but where the controller bar is supposed to be is just a balack bar.

Therefore I can't play the movies.

I tried everything
updated quicktime... adobe.. windows..

nothing solves the problem

this is true in both IE and Safari browers running on Win 7

Any Ideas?
thanks

PD

Thanks for the advice. I did try what you suggested and I still have the problem. I should mention that QT's play fine on my system it's only viewing in a browser that there's a problem.

Last edited:
I'm a graphic designer and video editor so I use all Adobe software including flash and dreamweaver to post my movies.
Quciktime is the standard for video editing

like I said it works fine on XP and Vista. Some Win 7 64bit glitch that i hope they figure out soon.

Flash Player support on 64-bit operating systems

Issue

Adobe Flash Player is not supported for playback in a 64-bit browser. However, you can run Flash Player in a 32-bit browser running on a 64-bit operating system.
Reason

Adobe is working on Flash Player support for 64-bit platforms as part of our ongoing commitment to the cross-platform compatibility of Flash Player. We expect to provide native support for 64-bit platforms in an upcoming release of Flash Player following the release of Flash Player 10.1.
Note: To participate in pre-release testing of 64-bit Flash Players see Adobe Labs.

Solution

To use Flash Player to view Flash content on a 64-bit operating system, you must run a 32-bit browser. For details on setting this up for Windows see Link Removed due to 404 Errort.

For details on using Flash Player on Mac OS X 10.6 on 64-bit machines, see:
Flash Player 10 and Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard)

and
GPU mode support on Macintosh OS X 10.6

Back
Top Bottom