Windows 7 Problems with the Backup and Restore Tool

Marco

Hi,
I have a problem with the tool "Backup and Restore" of Windows.
Everything is OK, when I backup folders of my computer (backups of about 30MB).
But when I'm trying to create a Disk Image, the system gives always the same error message (I have tryed all the types of backups: in DVDs, in an external disk with 1GB free and even in a network local). This image has only 25MB????

the message is in an attachment. (it in portuguese, sorry!!!)

My system is a netbook asus UL30 + Windows 7 Pro 64bits

Can you help me please,
Thanx
MP

Attachments

• errorMessage.PNG
    errorMessage.PNG
    35.6 KB · Views: 474
If Win 7 by itself is basically 4 GB prior to a backup, it would seem the image would be quite a bit more than 25 mb.

Are you selecting "Create a system Image" in the backup and restore utility?

Does that netboot have a restore partition and are you trying to back it up also?

Hi,

If Win 7 by itself is basically 4 GB prior to a backup, it would seem the image would be quite a bit more than 25 mb.

the system says that the backup has 24,83GB (see attach 2.png). I have installed until now only win 7 Pro, Office 2010 and some other programs.

Are you selecting "Create a system Image" in the backup and restore utility?
Yes, I'm selection that option.

Does that netboot have a restore partition and are you trying to back it up also?
As you can see in the attachment file (2.png), the system includes automatically 2 partitions: "Unidade não nomeada (Sistema)" and "C:".

Can you explain me the error message?
Tx
Marco

Attachments

• 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    109 KB · Views: 493
We need to understand the file sizes you seem to be indicating. In your original post you state you have an external drive with 1 GB available. But you show in your next post the size of the backup is 25 GB but originally indicated 25 MB.

Does your external drive have the necessary 25 GB of free space?

If you try to back up to DVDs, which I do not recommend, how many DVDs does it ask for?

You should also be able to back up on the network, if you have the space available there.

In Disk Management, Rt click the Windows 7 partition and mark it active.

Boot the win 7 dvd /repair cd and run startup repair 3 times.

Restart back into 7 - you will be able to make the backup image now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom