Windows 7 Programms Not Running

johnDoe

Hello!

Last night my computer accidentally shut down because the wire tripped. When I tried loading my steam this morning, it went up till signing in and 'updating steam information' after which there was a blue loading ball over the cursor showing the system is busy but nothing happened after that. Steam didn't load.

In addition to this, there are a couple of more things that are strange.
My Firefox keeps giving exceptions when it tries to load common pages like Google, or whenever I open a webpage for the first time since I installed it. In addition to this my Nvidia Geforce Back-end thingy keeps on crashing. When I tried loading the Ubuntu installer, to state another example of unfathomable behavior, it didn't run. The same blue ball over cursor and nothing happens after.

I have tried a lot of things but to no avail. Tried formatting my hard disk and loading a new windows installation, no avail. Fixed registry errors and swept for viruses, all to no avail.

Its pretty frustrating as I do not understand what is going on. I would really appreciate any help I could get.

My Rig:
Windows 7 Ultimate
Asus p5ql pro
2 gb corsair
Nvidia Geforce 9500
2 HDDs Sata 2 Seagate 500 GB each

Last edited:
Back