Windows Vista Programs can't be launched, Recent Items empty, missing Control Panel icons

Hi!! Just Celestra here for the moment.... What is your computer make and model number? Have you downloaded anything lately? Your info doesn't come out on my computer, it's just a white window. Have you tried a system restore point ? Without knowing more about your case, it kind of sounds like you've lost some files or something.

Hi!! Just Celestra here for the moment.... What is your computer make and model number? Have you downloaded anything lately? Your info doesn't come out on my computer, it's just a white window. Have you tried a system restore point ? Without knowing more about your case, it kind of sounds like you've lost some files or something.

Dear Celestra,

Thanks for your help... I haven't updated anything manually.. I have got all the latest updates + SP1 via Windows Update automatically. I have the latest drivers for each and every piece of hardware and have installed requisite patches for each & every app.. Plus the apps on my system are pretty common ones... I have a single Seagate 7200.11 320GB running in AHCI NCQ on the JMicron JMB363 controller on the Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 rev 3.3 bios F12 mobo.

The specs of my system are:

E6600
8800GTS 320
GA-965P-DS3 3.3 bios F12
2GB XMS2 6400C4D Corsair dual channel kit
Liteon PATA DVD writer on JMB363
Vista Home Premium 32 bit SP1 + all updates

Could you view the thread @rage3d? all details about the issue there... yet to find a solution

I think you may have lost basic program files, if you can't restore, then it's gotta come from back-up. Have you done any tweaks ?

obvious, bad memory or bad install of vista with bad memory.

Hi!!! I can now get your post, for some reason it wasn't working earlier. I have never had to install Vista, my computer was born that way. However, if I had seen your post I would have said it was a bad install. O3hdfatboy had talked about this sort of thing a lot, I think you should listen to him. If you register with this forum you would get better responses.

I agree with the above posts, check your memory using one stick at a time.. Save what work you can and re-install..

Back