Windows 7 Programs unrespond, keyboard acts up, random shut downs and blue screen

em1992

I have had my HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC (with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Service Pack 1) for less than a year and I am encountering a ton of problems.

• Whenever I go to open a program, it unresponds for a short while before I can continue to use it.
  • Sometimes my keyboard acts up, for e.g. if I were to press T whilst in an internet browser, it would open a new tab, as if I was pressing the CTRL button when I'm not.
  • Sometimes my laptop shuts down - sometimes there is a blue screen error message before, other times it just shuts down without one.

I have Trend Micro Tiatanium anti-virus protection and have done scans and nothing has showed up.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what is causing this and what I can do to fix it?

Well that's good with no AV detected, but you still my be infected with malware. Download Malwarebytes, SuperAntispyware, tddskiller ... all which are free and run full scans. This will take some time for the full each full scan to complete. Then defrag your hard drive using Auslogic disk defragger, also free. Once the system is bug free and defragged, then we need to check for driver updates and for that we'll need the full make and model of your notebook.

Well that's good with no AV detected, but you still my be infected with malware. Download Malwarebytes, SuperAntispyware, tddskiller ... all which are free and run full scans. This will take some time for the full each full scan to complete. Then defrag your hard drive using Auslogic disk defragger, also free. Once the system is bug free and defragged, then we need to check for driver updates and for that we'll need the full make and model of your notebook.

I ran a Malwarebytes scan and nothing was detected. Should I use the other two as well before doing the hard drive defragger?

I would...because one program cant' catch them all. I would also recommend Spybot Search&Destory.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom