Windows 7 Windows 7 random shut down, no hardware issues

Alexis ritz

I work in a call center, and when ever I log in at some point the computer shuts itself down or restarts. When it comes back up it goes into system repair. Could this have to do with my profile in the system? I am not very tech savvy and all IT had done is reimaged the computers.
Something that happens often is Microsoft programs like outlook and excel will freeze up shortly before. Sometimes it works for an hour before doing this and sometimes it just does this upon logging in

Computer is running Windows 7, system won't allow me to look up model number.
I've been reading about corrupt profiles, not sure if that could cause this.
My ultimate question is what is the potential issue and could it be my profile?

Is crash dump enabled? I'm wondering if it's making a dump file. If you have a dump file we can analyse it for you and possibly find the problem.

1) Click Start, then Run and type in sysdm.cpl and hit enter
2) Click on the Advanced tab and then under Startup and Recovery click the Settings button
3) Verify that a Small Memory Dump is selected

If the system is catching the error then you should see files in your Windows\Minidump folder that correspond to the dates/times that it has crashed. We can analyze these files for you and possibly figure out what device driver or hardware issue is causing the reboots.

Depends what you mean by shutting down/rebooting. If it's doing it mid work then look in C:\Windows\Minidump or you will see a file at C:\Windows\Memory.dmp. If neither of these exists then you can rule out BSOD crashes.
  • After that open your event viewer (Win Key + R) type eventvwr and press enter.
  • Go to Windows Logs > System.
  • On the right hand side click on Filter Current Log...
  • Check User32 and Kernel-Power
  • On the right Click Save Filtered Log File As... and upload that somewhere we can look at it

Back
Top Bottom