Windows 7 PS/2 mouse problem

rien

O/S Windows 7 using a logitech HD-compatible optical mouse.

Device manager shows this mouse as OK but also a PS/2 mouse with a yellow astrisk
When I go to properties for this mouse I get the message

This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed. (Code 24).

When I try to update the PS/2 drivers I get the message that the correct driver is installed
I have disabled and even uninstalled this mouse but windows reloads it after a start up.
Is there a way to permanently remove this PS/2 device or at least re-install it with the correct drivers.

So you computer has an input for a PS/2 mouse. Is there anything in the Bios that enables that port?

I would not think you needed to install any special drivers for the mouse, but you may show an HID mouse which is not yours.

Many of the PS/2 mice come with an adapter to change it to USB...do you have one of those?

Even though you are told the correct drivers are installed, you should be able to choose some kind of option (manual or such) to install drivers of your choice. I would go online and download the latest drivers directly from Logitech and store on your HD. Then when you choose to manually install drivers point to the downloaded drivers and install them. See if this might help.

DriverUpdate.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom