Windows 10 PSR Zip File-How To Use Macrium Relect!!

holdum333

Banned
Hi Creating this thread for my friends @MikeHawthorne and @BIGBEARJEDI whom are big fans for creating a back up image of your OS. This thread can be moved or deleted. Which ever is appropriate.
I'm also a big fan of back up images. The best recovery you will ever have.
Be sure to click on my signature!;):)

Attachments

• Maqcrium!.zip
    446.9 KB · Views: 219
Hi Gary,
Nice job with this:up:! I have a question for you on Step #7 in the sequence. You show that step with the User to click on "CANCEL" highlighted in GREEN. Shouldn't this be "FINISH" highlighted in GREEN instead? It appears at that point that you have CANCELLED the backup to your external 1TB hard drive. Don't know whether you intended to show that or not.:confused:

But, of course, if a user does hit the CANCEL but at that point, no Backup operation will ensue.:headache: Interestingly enough, on my version of Macrium (v6.1.1225) and older, when you click the NEXT button in Step #6, it takes you to the SCHEDULING option, and you then have to click "NEXT" again to initiate the Backup operation. If you don't select any options such as the DIFFERENTIAL option in Step #5, you can click the "FINISH" button right there to initiate the Backup operation and bypass all other options, as long as your option "Select a Template for your Backup Plan" is set to NONE, you can kickoff the backup from that screen using the "FINISH" button as I mentioned.:fdance:

If you get time, you might check it out. If I'm right, you can just re-record the file and post it back here for us, and then I'll bookmark it from there. Maybe we could do a video as well. I don't currently have a camcorder, but was thinking of getting one, as several guys on the forums are doing this as an instructional aide. As a Computer Technology Instructor, I think it would be useful to post on our forum and possibly on YouTube as well. Side thought, I thought I saw that someone from Macrium or just a fan did a step-by-step video of running a Macrium backup. I'll have to check around and let you know. If I didn't see it, I think it would be a good idea. Maybe we can get Macrium to buy me a camcorder! :rofl:

Marc = *BBJ*

Hi friend! Those are the actual sequence of the steps I go through to create a Macrium Reflect image. Of course you would click Finish instead of Cancel. I didn't want to create a image at that time I explained that in the first thread I created. It got deleted by mistake. Thanks for pointing that out BBJ.
I'm not sure which version you have BBJ. I have the latest free version which will allow you to boot into Macrium recovery without a rescue disc.
That's a new feature that Macrium added to the free version and it's really cool. You don't have to look for the rescue disc any more. Good idea to have one laying around however!
Thanks for your reply my friend!;) A video would be cool. I'm sure you can find a You Tube video on the web. I just wanted to post my little way of teaching Grandma how to use Macrium. A friend from UK showed me how PSR works and I have been addicted with it ever sense. I just can't seem to get anyone else interested in the PSR App in Windows. No one seems to be interested in Reliability Monitor either.
PS I don't like differential. I prefer creating the total image and I uncheck that option. I'm afraid the image could get corrupted and so I don't do differentials. The Zip didn't show that very well!:(
Nice reply BBJ!
Thank you!

Hi Gary,

I did do some poking around and found this very good narrated step-by-step video on how to backup using Macrium! :up: There were several to choose from, but many showed the Cloning to another hard drive process as well as the Backup Image process. I was really just looking for the video on the Backup Image process only. This video is 9m36s, and is not too long, and the narration is very professional. It was made with the Version 5 of Reflect from 2013, but the steps show are still like 99% the same in the current v6x version. I suggest you and Mike take a look and see what you think here:

If you both think it's ok, we can use this video for folks new to Image Backup, and Macrium specifically. It can be used to supplement your tutorial, or even replace it. Some people do better with a narrated video, and others do better with screenshots and highlighted buttons they click through the necessary steps. OPs will usually ask us if they want a different tutorial (narrated video vs. PSR), from the one we give them initially.

Best,:encouragement:
Marc

Hi BBJ Here's a neat Macrium feature. I mount the image as F drive. Then I open C drive. I can compare data and I can also drag and drop or copy and paste. That way I don't have to restore the complete image if I just want some of the data.
Here's a couple of screen shots with the F drive mounted along side the C drive. I think this is cool!;)
Capture48.JPG
Capture49.JPG

Hi BBJ Here's a neat Macrium feature. I mount the image as F drive. Then I open C drive. I can compare data and I can also drag and drop or copy and paste. That way I don't have to restore the complete image if I just want some of the data.
Here's a couple of screen shots with the F drive mounted along side the C drive. I think this is cool!;)
View attachment 32399 View attachment 32400
Hi Gary, Very nice. This program keeps on getting better and better. . I'm already a huge fan, so you're preachin' to the choir, Brother.

Marc.

Sent from my VS986 using Windows Forums mobile app

To mount an image or backup
  1. In the Macrium Reflect main window, select the Restore tab at the top left.
  2. Select the Image Restore tab or File and Folder Restore tab. ...
  3. Click an image to select it. ...
  4. Click Browse Image. ...
  5. Select the backup or image that you want to browse.
  6. From the drive letter drop-down, select a drive letter.
    Browse files in backups
If everyone would take time to learn how to use a 3rd party image program, it would make their Computer life a lot less stressful !:D

Hi

A very well done set of instructions but it also reminds me why I like EaseUS Todo backup, I'm a big fan of the simpler the better. LOL

Start

Todo%20Backup%20Instructions%20copy_zpseuowqsss.jpg

Done!!!

Once you have entered the address you want to save the backup to, you only have to click the Backup and the Proceed buttons and you are done. Great for novices or old folks like me.

I've never had it fail to work, and I've used it many times.

It creates it's own boot disk Under the Tools Menu, in either Linux or Windows PE format, all you have to do is put in a USB drive or DVD and say create.

Restoring is just as simple.

Mike

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom