Windows 10 Question about Chipset Drivers

RayJayS1986

So I recently did a fresh install of windows, did NOT keep any files, wiped every drive. Upon installing Windows 10 version 1803, I installed all my drivers, and all was normal. In device manager I saw under system showing the proper things, including an Intel 300 series controller with (Z370) in parentheses as shown. After upgrading to 1809, I see that it all has changed, it only shows 200 series entries, the 300 one is gone. I also started getting some stutter in some games too, though I'm sure that could just be the version of windows or something, but is this normal? Was just wondering because the games I am experiencing stutter in were running fine just yesterday on 1803, I reinstalled all my drivers, doesn't seem to do anything. I even tried a different GPU and different RAM sticks just to be extra sure, still the same problems. I know chipset drivers are just usually the inf files so devices can be properly identified, but if they're not the correct ones, could they affect something in some manner? If it is abnormal, does anyone know how to go about fixing it? Better to revert to 1803? Thanks in advance for the answers.

There was a known issue in the February cumulative update but should be addressed in the March cumulative update KB4489899 regarding game stuttering

There was a known issue in the February cumulative update but should be addressed in the March cumulative update KB4489899 regarding game stuttering

Wow, thanks for such a quick reply! So it's not "normal" but if it is an issue, it's not just something I did wrong or some hardware issue. Phew, thanks!

Back