Windows Vista Question regarding W7 and Internet

Strogg

Ive been using Windows 7 for two months now and everything is fine. However, i want to format and reinstall it for other reasons. Well, here is whats stopping me. My ISP gave me a CD with all their drivers etc that i always install on a fresh system to connect to internet. Well, i kinda lost the CD, and their site doesn't have any drivers available for download. So what im asking is: If i format my computer and install a fresh Windows 7 beta copy, can i still configure and connect to my internet WITHOUT installing whats on the CD they gave me?

Is it normal that it is required to install your ISP or Router provider CD stuff to connect to internet? Or should i be able to connect straight through Windows 7 without additional software/drivers on their CD?

Im using Ethernet cable with a router that provides ADSL Broadband. I live in Italy if that changes anything.

Thank you.

I live in Mexico and I find things go better if I trash the CD from Telmex as soon as I get it. When I installed Windows7 beta, I booted the first time and my computer connected to the internet quickly. No muss, no fuss.

Ive been using Windows 7 for two months now and everything is fine. However, i want to format and reinstall it for other reasons. Well, here is whats stopping me. My ISP gave me a CD with all their drivers etc that i always install on a fresh system to connect to internet. Well, i kinda lost the CD, and their site doesn't have any drivers available for download. So what im asking is: If i format my computer and install a fresh Windows 7 beta copy, can i still configure and connect to my internet WITHOUT installing whats on the CD they gave me?

Is it normal that it is required to install your ISP or Router provider CD stuff to connect to internet? Or should i be able to connect straight through Windows 7 without additional software/drivers on their CD?

Im using Ethernet cable with a router that provides ADSL Broadband. I live in Italy if that changes anything.

Thank you.

Generally speaking you don't need any software disc from your ISP or Router manufacturer to set up Internet connection or Home Network with Multiple Computers.

However, you must make sure your System (Computer's Motherboard with its integrated devivces, Add -on cards and any other Peripheral devices you want to use) is at least VISTA Compatible for the X32 or X64 platform you want to use in Windows 7 Beta [Examples : Windows 7 Beta 32- Bit Build 7000 would need VISTA 32-Bit drivers or Windows 7 Beta 64-bit Build 7042 would require Vista 64-bit drivers)

You must get from your ISP your login information ( Login name and password) and you might need your Router's Web Configuration login name and password . You may post the Brand name, make and Model of your router and NIC (Network Interface card =LAN card) for any help you might need .

Thanks for the help. I use onboard ethernet IEEE 1394a connection, and the motherboard is VISTA Certified according to the place i bought it at (Newegg.com - MSI K9N Platinum AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 Ultra MCP ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards). Since the NIC itself is intergrated into the motherboard, how do i find the information about it?

The router is called "Alice W-Gate". Im using Windows 7 currently and its working with it, but i used the "alice" CD (the company is called Alice) to install a few things, then somehow i connected through Windows, but im sure i probably could of done it without the CD. I will format and try it tomorrow, hopefully it will work. Thanks

Back