Windows Vista quick links in left- or side-bar?

Erich

Hi all.

I'm wondering if there is a way to get _just_ the quick links toolbar out of the main taskbar, and into a separate bar on the side of my desktop, or into the sidebar.

I don't use the sidebar, and have it off at the moment, so I don't mind using it, but also have no conflict if it can be done w/o the sidebar active.

I've done this in various flavors of Windows for the lat 10 years, and just can't figure it out in Vista. The current version is Home Premium.

Thanks.
Erich

Hi! You might go over Sandi Hardmeier's Site Link Removed - Invalid URL Look under Toolbars and buttons...

Hi friends, I was looking for some information about the garden tools but still unable to find the rarlevent information so it would be great if any one can refer me a page with the required information.

Hi all.

I'm wondering if there is a way to get _just_ the quick links toolbar out of the main taskbar, and into a separate bar on the side of my desktop, or into the sidebar.

I don't use the sidebar, and have it off at the moment, so I don't mind using it, but also have no conflict if it can be done w/o the sidebar active.

I've done this in various flavors of Windows for the lat 10 years, and just can't figure it out in Vista. The current version is Home Premium.

Thanks.
Erich

http://windows7forums.com/windows-7-desktop-customization/38629-circular-dock-launchers.html

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Here's how to do the equivalent...it does not dock the Quick launch toolbar at the side, but it makes a new toolbar to dock left-right-top-bottom, wherever you want it...

Create a folder on your desktop. Put the shortcuts in it you want in the toolbar. Left-click-hold on it, and bump it against a screen edge. It will create a toolbar docked there.

Make it the size you want, and right click on it to customize how you want it to look--labels, title on/off, icon size, etc.

I have one on my right edge with 30 things I use regularly in it. Absolutely great for access to things.

You can put shortcuts to folders in it too.

The only thing I don't like is that the folder that makes it HAS TO BE on the desktop. In XP, that was not so.

Back