Windows 7 qvo6 removal problem and install internet 10

3doz

First this virus qvo6 keep comming up every time i open explorer , I have removed all parts from the manage addons , changes the address to start explorer , rearched the reg, still this persists to open why?

now cant update to 10 it comes up with a web page that shows dowloads , but every one say not applicable to my computer
I have downloaded the correct 64 install program , but there must be one part thats not installed and I cant find this uot

Adwcleaner is the answere to all spy ware problem and its free
thanks fixed

now ie10 instll problem
every time i try and update it comes up with this page
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2820688
nothing on the page helps, every download show its not required for my computer
these must be a file missing but what one??/

Make sure you are running Windows7 SP1.

Since Microsoft started pushing out the IE10 update on Feb. 26 2013, earlier this year, I have many Customers whose Internet stopped working. Generally speaking this update crashes computers that have Windows instability or file corruption. The resolution to this problem 9 times out of 10 involves backing up your critical data to an external hard drive, flash drive, or cd/dvd disc and formatting your hard drive and doing a complete (destructive) reinstall of your Windows7 on your computer.

If you have Factory Recovery Discs that came with your computer ( you didn't mention whether you had a laptop or a desktop PC), you'll need to set your BIOS to boot from your DVD/CD drive, install the first of probably 2 or 3 Recovery Discs into your DVD/CD drive and follow the prompts. Make sure you select, REMOVE ALL PARTITIONS, and FORMAT DRIVE options.

If an undetected Virus damaged your Windows kernel and system files, this is the only way to repair your problem. Of course, this is assuming you don't have defective hardware, such as a faulty hard drive. If you apply the RECOVERY DISCS and perform Windows7 reinstall I recommend and the IE10 still fails, you most likely have faulty hardware. Most likely the hard drive, but could also be due to faulty RAM memory (I have a computer on my Bench right now that is failing to work with IE due to failed RAM), but could also be the Motherboard. I have seen all 3 failures cause the IE10 failure.

You can run internal hardware diagnostics if you have Dell, Toshiba, HP, or ACER name brand computers; they are built-in and free. However, that is only about a 50% chance that will lead you to the right failed component.

I suggest you use the UBCD linux tool set by Benjamin Burrows. You can search google and it's a free download, but takes some bit of computer experience to create the disc. If you have a knowledgeable computer friend, you may be able to borrow a copy, or better yet have your friend run the UBCD on your computer and help you with interpreting the results.

If you don't have access to a computer-savvy friend, or he doesn't have the UBCD tool set; I suggest you take your computer to a local licensed Computer Professional, preferably A+ Certified. If you go to a Computer Store they will charge between $45-$65 US to run this Diagnosis. If you can find a local Independent Licensed Computer Pro (like myself), they will often do the Diagnostic for Free and identify the failing part for you at no charge! Once you know your internal components are solid, you can then do the backup and complete Windows7 reinstall with confidence.

Most people will go the DIY (Do It Yourself) route with the Windows reinstall first, and then after days of rebuilding and getting the exact same IE10 error, they will throw up their hands and either take the computer to a Computer Pro or just throw the thing in the trash! You pick whichever method works for you.

If you have specific questions, let us know and we can guide you. There will be other folks here on the Forums who may be able to help you fix the problem without reinstalling, but, than can take several days or weeks to do, even if you have the expertise. If you do not, you should carefully consider what I've said.

Best of Luck,

BIGBEARJEDI

3doz:
Did you take Bassfisher's advice and download and run MALWAREBYTES in safe mode? Still waiting for you to post answer to my Win7 SP1 installed or not question? Also, it would be helpful for you to post your systems specs; desktop/laptop, make/model, cpu, hard drive and RAM specs.

@GayleTek: Since OP has not responded to any of our inquiries yet, we don't know what he has, Bassfisher made an assumption it was qvo06, so we don't know what the OP "ACTUALLY" has; he hasn't even responded to our Posts, nor has he run the UBCD hardware diagnostics yet. Just so you know, removal of a virus does absolutely no good if the reason his IE10 install is failing is faulty hardware! Nevertheless, thanks for the link--it's entirely possible it may do the job. I've only seen one computer since the Feb. 2013 IE10 update push-out from Microsoft that was repaired in this manner.

BIGBEARJEDI

Back
Top Bottom