Windows 7 Radeon 9250 - Dual monitors = Solution?

spartan 214

hi everyone

just got win7 and after i finaly installed my graphics card.... it had a spaz(not literaly) and it doesnt want to detect two moniters at the same time.... anyone got any solutions or words of advice?

thanks

Hi Spartan214,
what do you mean by 'spaz'...? Also have you installed the drivers for the card? If not you can get the latest here:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

hi um pretty sure i tried sownloading catalyst before... ill try that again.
heres my specs and i meant spasm...
i just checked then theres not catalyst downloads for 9200 series

Last edited:
by nvidia/dse/customised... i mean i bought it from a place called DSE (they changed the cas and a few other things) and the original they got it from was aparently nvidia. then i chucked a few things in myself. so i didnt want to say i built it myself cause i didnt.

and theres no driver specificaly for my card now; just the disc i got with it.

Last edited:
Ok...try this: Link Removed - Invalid URL

If the above doesn't work then something else is going off.. Let me know and we'll work out whats happening..

ok sorry for the lateness. um ok i did that one then during it said "all components are up-to date." so um thats not it.

Lol...windows falls back on a default one that comes with the os... You must always un-install the previous driver.
Try this app Guru3D - Driver Sweeper once you've removed all the drivers, reboot and try the legacy driver again. It should work.

wow um lets just say i did a little too much by 'uninstalling' the drivers. but got that working again. and kinda got it now just ive got cloned screen not a seperate one... so how i like make it my second one?

You know what I would do if i was you.... Re-install.
Make sure you have the legacy driver at hand when you do and as soon as you've installed the os, install the driver.

If you really want to avoid that then I cannot recommend reading the above guide enough. It deals with situatuions like these and once you start getting into the 'mire' with catalyst drivers it can be a real pain in the ass..

well i cant reinstall 7 cause i dont have the disc anymore.. got it off a friend. so um i uninstalled the drivers then put them back on but that didnt do anything apart from give me cloned screens.. thanks for your help anyway.. guess ill just wait till the retail is avalible or just get a new graphics card : (

thanks anyway

Retail is only a few days away now so I guess it won't be long.. Do you have it on order?

Back
Top Bottom