RAM detected by BIOS but not by Win10

knoho

Hi,

I have an ASUS G56JK. I purchased 2x16GB DDR3L (Crucial). If I install just one or both memories, Windows won't start. However, I've tried combining one that the laptop brought originally with one of the memories I just bought. In the BIOS it says 24GB, but in Windows 8GB. I already un-clicked the max memory, but still doesn't work.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks!!

Miguel

Attachments

Neemobeer

Windows Forum Team
Staff member
In task manager > Performance > Memory how much is being hardware reserved? Also have you updated the firmware?

knoho

Hi Neemobeer,

Thanks for your response. As I have the system in Spanish, I'm not sure where to look at "hardware reserved". I've attached a screen. And when you suggest to update the firmware, from what precisely?

Thanks!

Attachments

Neemobeer

Windows Forum Team
Staff member
Reservada para hardware. So it's only 110MB ish which is pretty normal and not the issue.

knoho

I contacted to ASUS support and they said my motherboard supports the 32GB. And if it's detected in the BIOS I'm guessing it should be a problem with Windows configuration?

Neemobeer

Windows Forum Team
Staff member
Open a Powershell prompt and type
Get-ItemProperty -Path "HKLM:\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management"
Post the output

Rapaaja

Neemobeer
Open a Powershell prompt and type
Get-ItemProperty -Path "HKLM:\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management"
Did it work? On all devices that command?

knoho

Hi Rapaaja,

Thanks, but I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you mean. I made what Neemobeer suggested and I posted the result. Anything else I could do about it?

Thanks

knoho

Hi Neemobeer, I also updated the firmware from the BIOS, still windows does not recognize the new RAM...any ideas/suggestions?

Rapaaja

Sorry Neemobeer
I had to interrupt my question / presence in the forum for another event sorry! did i mean that command command does it also work in win 7/8 versions? .
Thank you for reminding me that this was open Rapaaja