RAM detected by BIOS but not by Win10

knoho

Hi,

I have an ASUS G56JK. I purchased 2x16GB DDR3L (Crucial). If I install just one or both memories, Windows won't start. However, I've tried combining one that the laptop brought originally with one of the memories I just bought. In the BIOS it says 24GB, but in Windows 8GB. I already un-clicked the max memory, but still doesn't work.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks!!

Miguel

Attachments

• 67272596_2098962783738617_3067009079189700608_n.jpg
    67272596_2098962783738617_3067009079189700608_n.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 253
In task manager > Performance > Memory how much is being hardware reserved? Also have you updated the firmware?

Hi Neemobeer,

Thanks for your response. As I have the system in Spanish, I'm not sure where to look at "hardware reserved". I've attached a screen. And when you suggest to update the firmware, from what precisely?

Thanks!

Attachments

• performance.JPG
    performance.JPG
    107.9 KB · Views: 253
Reservada para hardware. So it's only 110MB ish which is pretty normal and not the issue.

I contacted to ASUS support and they said my motherboard supports the 32GB. And if it's detected in the BIOS I'm guessing it should be a problem with Windows configuration?

Open a Powershell prompt and type
Get-ItemProperty -Path "HKLM:\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management"
Post the output

Neemobeer
Open a Powershell prompt and type
Get-ItemProperty -Path "HKLM:\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management"
Did it work? On all devices that command?

Hi Rapaaja,

Thanks, but I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you mean. I made what Neemobeer suggested and I posted the result. Anything else I could do about it?

Thanks

Hi Neemobeer, I also updated the firmware from the BIOS, still windows does not recognize the new RAM...any ideas/suggestions?

Sorry Neemobeer
I had to interrupt my question / presence in the forum for another event sorry! did i mean that command command does it also work in win 7/8 versions? .
Thank you for reminding me that this was open Rapaaja

Back